Champions League Group Stage

cptaidan88

I think even the most pessimistic of City fans will accept even we would struggle to get knocked out at this point. I will accept a permanent ban from the mods if this post backfires.

I've seen a few posts with the likely pots on the assumption that the seeded teams progress through qualifying but based on the first leg results - I don't think that will necessarily happen, and this is how I think the pots will actually look like.

It assumes that City, Borussia Mönchengladbach, Roma, Monaco, Rostov, RB Salzburg, Celtic, Legia Warsaw, Ludogorets Razgrad, and FC København all progress through qualifying. If they don't qualify, I'll rejig my version again.

Pot 1
Real Madrid
Bayern Munich
Barcelona
Benfica
Paris SG
Juventus
CSKA Moscow
Leicester City

Pot 2

Atletico Madrid
Borussia Dortmund
Arsenal
Manchester City
Sevilla
Napoli
Bayer Leverkusen
Basel

Pot 3
Tottenham Hotspur
Dynamo Kyiv
Lyon
PSV
Sporting
Club Brugge
RB Salzburg
Borussia Mönchengladbach

Pot 4
AS Roma
Celtic
Monaco

Besiktas
Legia Warsaw
Ludogorets Razgrad
FC København
FC Rostov

*teams in italics are those who have to qualify.

Some very tough draws are possible there, and the past few years have shown how important it is to top your group. Looking forward to booking some holidays on Thursday evening though!

So we're comfortably pot 2 now, thanks Manuel *ducks and runs for cover*

Pots 3 and 4 look weak to me bar Roma. However as we saw last season, it's all about coming top of the group so let's hope we avoid barca.

Part of me wants us to draw Real or Bayern, see if Pep could send out an early message.

Benfica
CITY
Salzburg or Club Brugge
Celtic or Kobenhavn

Would obviously be an easier draw.

Need to avoid the big 3 from Group 1 and Id take any of the others from other pots apart from BMG and Roma.
Prefer to avoid Rostov + CSKA from 4 + 1 because its a nightmare trip. The rest don't worry me unduly.

Benfica
Club Brugge
FC København

would be nice, no ridiculous lengthy journeys.

However we could end up with:
Barcelona
Sporting Lisbon
AS Roma

which would be a bit shit!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.