Champions League Haters

The corruption is central to it obviously. But for me it's the hype and fake mythology surrounding it. Ultimately its like any cup competition. Winning it doesn't make you the best in Europe and it's far too rigged to make sure the same teams go deep into the competition.

As for thinking people don't watch it if they don't like the ucl. I watch city in pointless friendlies so competitive games I'm up for.

The Champions League is probably the most prestigious trans-continental club tournament.
The Champions League is also likely to be the most corrupt major football competition, with its rigged (sorry, I mean structured) draws, pairing teams for TV coverage, and cry-baby attitude when anybody upsets how UEFA want the tournament to be perceived. You can brick a coach cos it won't be shown on TV but you can't boo the fucking stupid jingle. In fact the current format is based on a corrupt capitulation to the so-called big boys around 25 years ago.
However, since the demise of the Thomas Cook Trophy the Champions League has been the only place to see City play competitive games against the best sides in Europe.
I'd love it to return to a straight knock-out format but there is zero chance of that happening as the broadcast revenue is too high. - We are stuck with it so we might as well go and win it. And I've enjoyed several afternoons sampling European beers travelling to away games.

The owners want to win it, very much. The players want to win it, very much. The manager wants to win it, very much.
I'd quite like us to win it, for them all rather than me. Since I support them and appreciate what they've done. That's about the long and the short of it. City have already done enough to prove that they are one of the very greatest of the Premier League era teams. If they do the domestic treble — again — which has only been done once before, that will only cement that status. The CL on top of it would be nice, very nice. That's it.

Don't like it, never have, never will, the home of corrupt, fat, eurocrats, nonentities making vast sums in advertising and TV rights, bloodsuckers and parasites to a man - and they probably are all male. Yes lets go and win it, why not, but I oh so wish the squad would collect the cup, piss in it and hand it back.... they won't, but I so wish they would!!

People don’t hate the CL because of the footy played on the strip of grass between two teams... it’s because of the corrupt governing body and their FFP, for allowing debt to ruin the game but doing their utmost to get rid of the likes of City Malaga Leicester and Atalanta for daring the rock the Cartel’s boat, for colluding with the G14 to extend qualifying places to fit them all in, for seeding the group stages so the same teams always qualify for the KO stages, for brushing of racism under the carpet, that 8-4 bent game those years back, for that corrupt refereeing performance in the Chelsea v Barcelona semifinal, them banning Kyiv fans from the Ro16 but then reinstating them as soon as they pulled City out of the hat, them not doing anything about Moscow letting fans in when they were supposed to be banned against us, for fining City more for coming out late than Porto for racist chanting, for fining City more for six bookings (of which about two should have been given) than for Porto’s fans racist chanting, for warning City about our conduct for chanting “you’re not incredible” at Hulk, for making clubs move home fans from their seats to accommodate corporate away fans, the G14/Cartel, UEFA appointing the main Cartel CEOs as the main UEFA board members, them wanting to change the rules in case the Cartel finish outside their CL places in various countries can still get into the CL, them cutting and pasting bits of different emails together to make us look guilty for something we didn’t do, for banning Pellegrini pointing out corrupt refereeing, foe their continual corrupt refereeing, for the Jesus “offside” goal at Anfield, for the DSilva no penalty at Anfield, for the Sterling no penalty at Anfield, for the Sané “offside” goal at the Etihad, for the Milner handball not given at the Etihad, for not allowing City to retake the penalty at Spurs for encroachment, for not showing the ref different angles of the supposed Lorente handball, for banning Pep for simply pointing out corrupt refereeing... I could probably go on and on!

If it was one or two things you could understand but the whole thing from top to bottom is a corrupt load of shite, so I can understand why people hate it.

To me personally, this makes me want to win it more, but I don’t begrudge any City fan if they never watch a single second of the disgrace of a competition.
SUPERB.

UEFA & the ex-G14 clubs are only interested in how much money they can make , the Champs league isnt a trophy its a licence to print money , but with Chelsea , PSG & ourselves in the last four there is every chance that a "new money" club will be lifting the trophy this year and that will not go down well with the likes of Gill & Tebas.
There will be moves afoot to get the old guard G14 clubs back into the competition by expanding the format , UEFA are corrupt the fact they were pressured into banning us from europe by influential clubs is the only proof needed , UEFA like the status quo and their cash cow clubs being succesful , Kerrrrrching.

People don’t hate the CL because of the footy played on the strip of grass between two teams... it’s because of the corrupt governing body and their FFP, for allowing debt to ruin the game but doing their utmost to get rid of the likes of City Malaga Leicester and Atalanta for daring the rock the Cartel’s boat, for colluding with the G14 to extend qualifying places to fit them all in, for seeding the group stages so the same teams always qualify for the KO stages, for brushing of racism under the carpet, that 8-4 bent game those years back, for that corrupt refereeing performance in the Chelsea v Barcelona semifinal, them banning Kyiv fans from the Ro16 but then reinstating them as soon as they pulled City out of the hat, them not doing anything about Moscow letting fans in when they were supposed to be banned against us, for fining City more for coming out late than Porto for racist chanting, for fining City more for six bookings (of which about two should have been given) than for Porto’s fans racist chanting, for warning City about our conduct for chanting “you’re not incredible” at Hulk, for making clubs move home fans from their seats to accommodate corporate away fans, the G14/Cartel, UEFA appointing the main Cartel CEOs as the main UEFA board members, them wanting to change the rules in case the Cartel finish outside their CL places in various countries can still get into the CL, them cutting and pasting bits of different emails together to make us look guilty for something we didn’t do, for banning Pellegrini pointing out corrupt refereeing, foe their continual corrupt refereeing, for the Jesus “offside” goal at Anfield, for the DSilva no penalty at Anfield, for the Sterling no penalty at Anfield, for the Sané “offside” goal at the Etihad, for the Milner handball not given at the Etihad, for not allowing City to retake the penalty at Spurs for encroachment, for not showing the ref different angles of the supposed Lorente handball, for banning Pep for simply pointing out corrupt refereeing... I could probably go on and on!

If it was one or two things you could understand but the whole thing from top to bottom is a corrupt load of shite, so I can understand why people hate it.

To me personally, this makes me want to win it more, but I don’t begrudge any City fan if they never watch a single second of the disgrace of a competition.
It is my dream to see Manchester City win the Champions League. All the players collect their medals. As a UEFA official holds out that grotesque trophy and the confetti starts to fall, Fern just flicks a V at him and the players just walk off the podium spitting at the trophy as they pass.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.