Champions League Haters

The hardest tie in CL is Paris, win that and we have a huge chance. I’m excited and don’t normally care about CL.

I've been a hater in the past, but just because we've always stumbled to an eventual defeat we should have avoided, one way or another. I don't subscribe to the conspiracy theories about how 'they've got it in for us;' they may well have as regards FFP, etc, but I don't subscribe to the "fixing with VAR" theories.

Whatever you think has happened in the past, it hasn't happened this season - otherwise, we wouldn't have got through against Dortmund. We REALLY had the rub of the green with the controversial decisions against them. If VAR had it in for us, we'd have gone out of the competition yesterday.

This is all IMHO - it's just a cup competition which, this year, we can win. We have KDB in great form; Foden - say no more; and Saint Ruben Diaz controlling the defence. Quality all over the place, despite Aguero and Sterling not being good enough to start - something I never thought that I would say. This is our strongest team - ever! So, forget the past; forget the cartel; we are the team to be beaten this season. If we play to our best, we have quality all over the pitch - more so than in any previous season - so let's just enjoy the journey for as long as it lasts.

It’s just a shame this whole season has been played out in front of empty stadiums. Other than that it’s been great! Enjoyed last night despite the early goal. Always felt we would score. Fancy our chances against PSG.

Don't like the format of the CL, far too many drab games until the latter knockout stages, would much prefer it be a straight knockout but that'll never happen.
The league is always the priority for me but understand why the CL is important but even if we won it this year, we'll never get the respect shown to other winners

They'll keep Lahoz for the final

No can do ... it’ll be City v Real Madrid in the final so can’t have Spanish ref. Fully expect him to be appointed in one of the SF legs for us now that it’s English v French team in there.

Used to do all the home games & some away games but realised I was spending too much money just to see us fucked over year after year.

Only game I've been to since Pelli left was the dips game and that was only because it was an English team.

Of course I want us to win but as a sign of how bothered I am, I spend CL games sat on the couch with an odd standing moment. The domestic cup games & league games I just stand.

The CL is obviously important for club development and I'll be buzzing with a win but ignoring the financial implications I'd not lose sleep if all English teams were banned for the dips antics.

When the chumps league gets relegated for this other league they have touted about as the next best thing, you know the one? where all the entitled clubs get a free entry, the chumps league eulogisers will more than likely denigrate that competition.

Football is about tradition, you lose sight of that and it becomes soulless, that is why many fans focus on domestic trophies and take the chump league as a circus, side entertainment not to be taken too seriously, run by a cartel for a cartel what's to like?

In 10 years or less the competition wont even exist, the focus will be on reinventing a competition to make more money by whatever means possible.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.