Champions League Haters

Football is about tradition, you lose sight of that and it becomes soulless, that is why many fans focus on domestic trophies and take the chump league as a circus, side entertainment not to be taken too seriously, run by a cartel for a cartel what's to like?

This hits the nail square on the head.

Curious to know if you watched the game last night. Curious to know if you watched the PSG v Munich matches. If you didn’t you missed an absolute treat of football in both cases.
The excitement is beginning to build big time for our club now in this tournament. Surely you can feel it? Surely you could feel it last night too - even if you didn’t watch it?
Just wait until we get to a final - it may be this year. If we do the excitement is going to be at fever pitch or even completely off the scale! It really is THE pot to win or can you still not see it?
I’m just curious to know how you feel now and whether or not any of you CL haters have come round to it a bit more? Hope so as the club/team needs all the fans to get behind it now, doesn’t it?
ps. You can still boo the anthem! We don’t have to like the organisation behind the tournament but there’s no denying the latter stages are the dog’s danglies. COME ON CITY!
There is no doubt about some of the quality in the games. Who doesn't enjoy Mbappe, Haaland, De Bruyne, Foden and Neymar performing at their best. Most City fans want us to win it. The competition is no more corrupt than our domestic set up. Yes we have history with UEFA and we may again in future but it would be beyond wonderful if we could win it this year for Fern, Kun and the rest of the club. There is zero doubt that our owners and coaching team want it badly so how can we as fans not care?

You don't need to have been a Nazi to admit that their Nuremberg Rallies weren't spectacular nor that their Berlin Olympics wasn't the best ever staged before the modern era. Still hate the Champions League, but that doesn't mean that there aren't some fine football played at European level(one of the best games I have ever attended was the one against Hamburg)

All of a sudden the CL is a horrible competition. Tainted. Not worth winning. With a worst choice team scenario.

2 years ago the CL was the best and most amazing football club tournament in the world, if you believed the hysterical English football media, social media, football pundits, ex-Liverpool players, and Liverpool fans.

Being really honest, I find the small numbers of City fans who claim not to be bothered about the Champions League to be a bit small-minded, parochial and pathetic. It's the biggest club competition in the world for god's sake. The only way as a fan I can ever get close to the Aguero moment would be by winning it.

I'd sacrifice the league right now if it meant winning it this year.

It's only a matter of time before we win 'Old Big Ears'.
When we do, it will be interesting to see if there's a change of attitude.
If we win it this year, we might have the fun of smashing the Rags in the Super Cup. That would be better than the CL!

• Run by UEFA who are constantly trying to stitch us up.
  • Stupidly named as a large % of sides are not Champions.
  • Early rounds just for the TV companies & UEFA to make money.
  • Fined more for late 2nd half start than for far worse offenses.
  • Ever changing rules to allow their bum chums to compete.
I could go on and on but I do not like it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.