Champions League Haters

People don’t hate the CL because of the footy played on the strip of grass between two teams...

It’s because of the corrupt governing body and their FFP, for allowing debt to ruin the game but doing their utmost to get rid of the likes of City Malaga Leicester and Atalanta for daring the rock the Cartel’s boat, for colluding with the G14 to extend qualifying places to fit them all in (even if that put leagues from certain countries miles behind the top leagues, with no chance of ever catching up because of this decision), for seeding the group stages so the same teams always qualify for the KO stages, for brushing racism under the carpet, FFP, that 8-4 bent game those years back, for that corrupt refereeing performance in the Chelsea v Barcelona semifinal, for banning Kyiv fans from the Ro16 but then reinstating them as soon as they pulled City out of the hat, for not doing anything about Moscow letting fans in when they were supposed to be banned against us, for fining City more for coming out late than Porto for racist chanting, for fining City more for six bookings (of which about two should have been given) than Porto for racist chanting, for warning City about our conduct for chanting “you’re not incredible” at Hulk, for warning City about our conduct booing their CL jingle, for them calling their little jingle ditty an “anthem” like they’re dead important (deluded cunts, it’s not a fucking “anthem”!), for making clubs move home fans from their seats to accommodate corporate away fans, for their stupid massive advertising boards that means you have to kick fans out of their usual seats, for their stupid cameraman area (even though grounds have purpose built cameraman areas below pitch level) so that you have to kick people out of their usual seats, FFP, the fucking corrupt G14/Cartel, UEFA appointing the main Cartel CEOs as the main UEFA board members, them wanting to change the rules in case the Cartel finish outside their CL places in various countries so these cunts can still get into the CL, Der Spiegel and UEFA cutting and pasting bits of different emails together to make us look guilty for something we didn’t do and then having the cheek to take it all the way to court despite it all being fabricated, for banning Pellegrini for pointing out corrupt refereeing, for their continual corrupt refereeing, for the Jesus “offside” goal at Anfield, for the DSilva no penalty at Anfield, for the Sterling no penalty at Anfield, for the Sané “offside” goal at the Etihad, for the Milner handball not given at the Etihad, for not allowing City to retake the penalty at Spurs for encroachment, for not showing the ref different angles of the supposed Llorente handball, for banning Pep for simply pointing out corrupt refereeing... I could probably go on and on!

If it was one or two things you could understand but the whole thing from top to bottom is a corrupt load of shite, so I can understand why people hate it.

To me personally, this makes me want to win it more, but I don’t begrudge any City fan if they never watch a single second of this disgrace of a competition.
Brilliant post.

What I do find strange, perhaps it’s a City thing, we don’t go on about doing the English treble and quadruple in 1 season as much as we should do.
Because we of all fans understand that nobody but us fucking cares about our achievements.

We’ve had decades of United and Liverpool fans boring everyone to death with their ‘we’ve done this’ ‘we’ve done that’, and as I always say to them in response “who gives a shit? that’s your team, I don’t care what you’ve won, if I did I’d support your team!”

We don’t bang on about our achievements because we understand that anyone in earshot would just think we were cunts. Literally nobody likes a show off. Especially when we’re only fans and fans play absolutely no part in any team’s success, fans simply turn up to watch it.

Vincent Kompany would have some legitimacy in boasting about the Centurions and Fourmidables, but no City fans do; Ole Gunnar Solsthingy has some legitimacy boasting about winning a treble, but no United fans do; Greame Sounness has some legitimacy in boasting about his success at Liverpool, but no Liverpool fans do.

Our job as fans is to enjoy attending the games and the success if it comes, not to think we have to emulate the biggest cunts in the country.

Last edited by a moderator:
Because we of all fans understand that nobody but us fucking cares about our achievements.

We’ve had decades of United and Liverpool boring everyone to death with their ‘we’ve done this’ ‘we’ve done that’, and as I always say to them in response “who gives a shit? that’s your team, I don’t care what you’ve won, if I did I’d support your team!”

We don’t bang on about our achievements because we understand that anyone in earshot would just think we were cunts. Literally nobody likes a show off. Especially when we’re only fans and fans play absolutely no part in any team’s success, fans simply turn up to watch it.

Vincent Kompany would have some legitimacy in boasting about the Centurions and Fourmidables, but no City fans do; Ole Gunnar Solsthingy has some legitimacy boasting about winning a treble, but no United fans do; Greame Sounness has some legitimacy in boasting about his success at Liverpool, but no Liverpool fans do.

Our job as fans is to enjoy attending the games and the success if it comes, not to think we have to emulate the biggest cunts in the country.
Exactly pal.

We’ve had decades of United and Liverpool fans boring everyone to death with their ‘we’ve done this’ ‘we’ve done that’, and as I always say to them in response “who gives a shit? that’s your team, I don’t care what you’ve won, if I did I’d support your team!”

You don’t think fans can create an atmosphere in a stadium that can help a team win or a rival lose a game?

I've read that post twice now....what a thing of beauty. I once got asked at CL QF game why I was booing the anthem from an obvious tourist....I might laminate your reply and keep it handy if it happens again. Brilliant post.

However I go to all the CL games. Why? Well 40+ years of following the Blues, even down to Bournemouth and Swindon in the 2nd Division days (No I didn't make York away) meant that the chance to watch City playing in Europe was too much to resist. The high's of Sergio's 3-2 winner against Bayern, the 5-3 Monaco game, walking into the Etihad for the last SF game, thinking at all of Europe would be watching the game, the same game I would be sitting in my seat watching and something that if you'd told me would happen back in the dark days of Division 2 I would have thought you were mental :)

So I suppose that makes me a hypocrite, hate UEFA, love City and would love to see us go on and lift the CL trophy and cement this teams, club and players legacy as the very best in Europem if not the world.
I go to CL games to support City not UEFA, I boo to take the piss and try to find a laugh whenever I can, that is it.

City first every time, end of.

It will take another decade or so before our core fans can truly start to appreciate CL or its prestige. Don't blame them for it either, the treatment from UEFA towards us, and the competition albeit its importance, plagued with corruption, are big factors.

As other have said already, just want us to win every competition we are in. The sentiments vary because a lot of our fans saw us go through hell and back and are grateful for what we are doing now, unlike dippers, we do not live off European glories from way back, so it's natural they value it more and we do not, hence their special European nights (usually stoning buses) and all that.

I personally grew up watching some of the best Serie A and La Liga sides with the best players win CL, so seeing my team in it now makes me want them to win it. Nothing would make me happier to see this squad of players lift the big ears, because they deserve it for their hard work this season, a season that's been so tough, and moreover, I want Sergio to leave us having won everything.

Obviously, nothing is guaranteed, if we don't win it, then so be it, we will just accept and move on. The football we play is something to cherish and I'll continue to enjoy it while it lasts

Would you have said that to anyone who said "AGUEROOOO" was the best moment of their life or is it just because you don't agree with his position on the CL?

Quick answer - Yes I would. Unless it was said by fans who were age (say) 15 years old or less at the time, who clearly hadn't had time for greater personal life experiences. As for Dave's position on the CL; that's his choice and I respect it - Simple fact is that like the vast majority of us, he's only a fan watching football, it's NOT something that we can ever actually claim to have genuinely been a part of other than as bystanders.

Simple fact is that like the vast majority of us, he's only a fan watching football, it's NOT something that we can ever actually claim to have genuinely been a part of other than as bystanders.

Well, I for one don't quite see it like that. We do participate, both positively and negatively, in ways that can't be quantified for sure, but are no less real psychologically. The players say as much.

On the Aguero moment. Not ashamed to say that it was one of the great moments of my life.
Seeing my son being born changed me. In those moments, I understood my place in the world. It also changed my relation to death. I suddenly understood, not in an abstract way, but concretely, right there during those moments in which he arrived, that what I'd done in life didn't abruptly end with my physical extinction. These are deep waters, and this is perhaps not the right place to get into them.
The Aguero moment healed — almost magically, as it were — many decades of genuine hurt, which I'd only half been aware of. It was unquestionably a deep emotional experience.
I wouldn't care to compare or quantify the significance of the two experiences. But the significance is there, and it's undeniable.
To come back to the subject in hand. It is absolutely impossible for me to imagine that winning the CL could even approach that level of emotion. I'd be well chuffed, mainly for the players and the boss. It certainly would not/will not be any cathartic release.

I don’t mind the competition itself I just can’t stand the bias....the top 5 teams have won it combined 31 times in its 65 year history.....

I‘m not saying it’s a corrupt competition but some win ratio there....;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.