Champions League Haters

On the Aguero moment. Not ashamed to say that it was one of the great moments of my life.
Seeing my son being born changed me. In those moments, I understood my place in the world. It also changed my relation to death. I suddenly understood, not in an abstract way, but concretely, right there during those moments in which he arrived, that what I'd done in life didn't abruptly end with my physical extinction. These are deep waters, and this is perhaps not the right place to get into them.
The Aguero moment healed — almost magically, as it were — many decades of genuine hurt, which I'd only half been aware of. It was unquestionably a deep emotional experience.
I wouldn't care to compare or quantify the significance of the two experiences. But the significance is there, and it's undeniable.
To come back to the subject in hand. It is absolutely impossible for me to imagine that winning the CL could even approach that level of emotion. I'd be well chuffed, mainly for the players and the boss. It certainly would not/will not be any cathartic release.
No, but then none of our league or cup wins since have ever or could ever match the Aguero moment,it was a once in a lfe time moment. Doesn't mean I want to win any of them any less including the champions league.

No, but then none of our league or cup wins since have ever or could ever match the Aguero moment,it was a once in a lfe time moment. Doesn't mean I want to win any of them any less including the champions league.
for me the semi final against united will always eclipse the QPR game. literally 20 years of hurt with my old man going to games in the 90s just sucked, United winning everything. My dad saying one day ‘we’ll get to wembely son’ (and no Gillingham doesnt count)

on the way down seeing coaches of united fans, the excitement tempered by the sickening feeling that it would be business as usual for them, we’d lose and that would be that.

i cant really even remember tha game other than Berbatov’s chance under the bar in the first few minutes and Kompany swerving one near the post on half time. i dont really remember the goal

Leaving the stadium and walking back to the car, going for a curry in North West London with my old man, finally we were in the final, United were sunk. to cap it all im pretty sure there was a Classico on in this curry house cum sports bar full of Anglo-Indian locals (The Mumbai Junction).

for me the semi final against united will always eclipse the QPR game. literally 20 years of hurt with my old man going to games in the 90s just sucked, United winning everything. My dad saying one day ‘we’ll get to wembely son’ (and no Gillingham doesnt count)

on the way down seeing coaches of united fans, the excitement tempered by the sickening feeling that it would be business as usual for them, we’d lose and that would be that.

i cant really even remember tha game other than Berbatov’s chance under the bar in the first few minutes and Kompany swerving one near the post on half time. i dont really remember the goal

Leaving the stadium and walking back to the car, going for a curry in North West London with my old man, finally we were in the final, United were sunk. to cap it all im pretty sure there was a Classico on in this curry house cum sports bar full of Anglo-Indian locals (The Mumbai Junction).
This and only this. Pep should be made to read this post 500 times as punishment for that shambles today.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.