Champions League Last 16 Draw | City v Sporting Clube de Portugal

MCFC1993

The draw takes place at UEFA headquarters in Nyon, Switzerland, on Monday 13 December. The ceremony begins at 12:00 CET, which is 11am in the UK and Portugal.

Possible Opponents:
Atletico Madrid (ESP)
Benfica (POR)
Inter Milan (ITA)
Salzburg (AUT)
Sporting CP (POR)
Villarreal (ESP)

The live stream to watch the draw:
(& BT Sport for those in the UK):

Group Winners (Group):
Manchester City (A)
Liverpool (B)
Ajax (C)
Real Madrid (D)
Bayern (E)
Manchester United (F)
Lille (G)
Juventus (H)

Group Runners-Up (Group):
PSG (A)
Atletico Madrid (B)
Sporting CP (C)
Inter Milan (D)
Benfica (E)
Villarreal (F)
Salzburg (G)
Chelsea (H)

No side can face another team from the same national association. Clubs cannot face opponents they met during the group stage, either.

The first legs are scheduled for 15/16/22/23 February, with the second legs on 8/9/15/16 March. Kick-offs are at 21:00 CET.

The draw for the quarter-finals, semi-finals and final is on Friday 18 March.

The so-called away goals rule has been removed, so ties level after 180 minutes will go to extra time irrespective of the number of goals each team has scored home and away. If the teams still cannot be separated after the additional 30 minutes then it goes to a penalty shoot-out.

Last edited:
Have a feeling we’ll be facing Dzeko in February

everyone here should be frightened getting us, we play the best football at the moment. Having said that, I would like to avoid Spanish bunker team.

Anyone but Atleti.
Not because I fear them but because I despise them and don't want to have to watch them for 90mins.
Yeah Atleti would be boring. We should still beat them but you know how this matches go, we might dominate and miss chances while atleti score a shithouse goal. Maybe inter might cause us small problems but I don’t think we should be worried about anyone

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.