Champions league new look

I would have thought a mini tournament would be much more of a draw TV wise than 2 legged games...and lets not forget that they are likely to charge 3 or 4 times what teams would charge on their own for each game. Totally finance related it should be pretty easy to pull off without any drop in revenue

How much do we believe teams that claim that their player who tested positive for coronavirus had no contact with the rest of the team? It seems awfully coincidental that this always seems to be the case.

That definitely applied to any foreign team visiting Maine Rd up to 1971, their most common question was probably "who nicked the grass?".

The two classic "park the bus" European games in those days were Fenerbahce as mentioned above and even worse, Coimbra in the CupWinnersCup QF 2nd leg. 0-0 from the first leg and the Portuguese looked happy to take 0-0 all the way to a third match and the toss of a coin if necessary. Thankfully Tony Towers popped up to score with a minute or two of extra time remaining.
I was at that game in the platt lane and what a sight to see the whole kippax bouncing up and down to “We shall not be moved” Classic night only bettered by beating Shalke in the second leg semi

I would have thought a mini tournament would be much more of a draw TV wise than 2 legged games...and lets not forget that they are likely to charge 3 or 4 times what teams would charge on their own for each game. Totally finance related it should be pretty easy to pull off without any drop in revenue
I like the format and hope it works so it becomes the norm from perhaps the semi-final onwards. The only issue would be ensuring games are played in easily accessible European cities. We could get much larger ticket allocations than we get now for away games in Europe and go to places like Prague, Budapest etc. Knock-out games are much better than over two legs. The football quality would be as good (if not better) than the World Cup. The CL needs to revamp itself.

I was at that game in the platt lane and what a sight to see the whole kippax bouncing up and down to “We shall not be moved” Classic night only bettered by beating Shalke in the second leg semi
That was a fantastic moment as was Schalke plus the Alan Oakes screamer against Bilbao. I loved all those early European matches and the Maine Road atmosphere was special (to use a hackneyed phrase) on those nights.

Get rid of the UEFA cup.
Regardless of our opinions about the also ran Cup, wouldn't it be shame to deprive other fans the same disappointment we felt when Fowler missed that penalty? Besides, it would be a shame to stop awarding this beauty. One of the best trophies in all of sports. Maybe uefa could start giving it to the club that furthers the cartel agenda the most.
aa54723499c6ef01a1485635a0d3a1ed.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.