Champions league new look

Yeah I get that but it strikes me as an unfair way to do it,i also find it impossible to keep track of during game,a straight knock out is my preference

Especially when you get the mathematically challenged Fletch on BT telling us that the first goal we score isn't important due to the away goals rule.

Especially when you get the mathematically challenged Fletch on BT telling us that the first goal we score isn't important due to the away goals rule.

had me scratching my head that I must admit, right up to the point I realised he was a buffoon

It's unlikely to happen as it's less matches, and also needs space in the schedule. Can't see anytime they'd carve two weeks out in a normal season.

I'm really excited about it though. The match last night felt even more important as we "qualified" for the tournament. If we only have one game that would be disappointing, but after all the crap we've had it feels a little bit special - I'll love to win this one and have an asterisk next to it as something unique.

Thought the asterisk was owned by the dippers ?

To be fair bud, they want to play more games not less because it will make them even more money.
If they treat it like a mini World Cup they may be able to increase sponsor revenues from the host cities etc. I think knock-out games are much more atttractive to fans than two-legged matches. This year could be a pilot for the future. I hope it's a success and we win it.

I cant see UEFA ever wanting a condensed tournie.

It doesnt protect their cartel clubs like the current format. The whole point of group stages, seedings is so they dont get knocked out by lowly teams.

If they treat it like a mini World Cup they may be able to increase sponsor revenues from the host cities etc. I think knock-out games are much more atttractive to fans than two-legged matches. This year could be a pilot for the future. I hope it's a success and we win it.
Not sure how much enthusiasm or money to be made from the dippers and a set of Turkish or Italian 'ultras' descending on your city for a couple of days. Let them smash their own cities up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.