Champions League QF Draw - Lyon

With the quarters and semis being 1 game instead of 2 legs like normal, do people think that helps or hinders us?

Helps.

Basically go and win the game in a one-off game with none of that away goals / not move past the half way line / play for penalties bollocks.

On our day theres not a single **** out there we wouldn't slap in a one-off winner takes all game.

I don't understand why Atletico are getting rated as easy. For me they and Bayern are the two most difficult opponents.
Very true !
Even Atalanta is the most in-form team in Italy. Arguably, they are a worse draw than this bad Juventus we are seeing now.

The easiest opponent might well be the winner of Juventus-Lyon tie or a Werner-less Leipzig.

Very true !
Even Atalanta is the most in-form team in Italy. Arguably, they are a worse draw than this bad Juventus we are seeing now.

The easiest opponent might well be the winner of Juventus-Lyon tie or a Werner-less Leipzig.
Lyon are a bit of a bogey side to us in the CL.

If we beat Madrid I'd rather play Juve. They are a one man team and that man is a selfish **** who a smack from Walker should calm him down.

Lyon are a bit of a bogey side to us in the CL.

If we beat Madrid I'd rather play Juve. They are a one man team and that man is a selfish **** who a smack from Walker should calm him down.
Imo, french clubs are the clubs to get in CL. No competitive football for months. It is not the few friendlies played that will make them ready for a single game elimination. Over two legs, they could have a chance maybe but no chance in this format.

If I had to choose between the two of them then I would have to say Lyon. As I think that Juventus, will be just to Stroh for us at this present time.

Imo, french clubs are the clubs to get in CL. No competitive football for months. It is not the few friendlies played that will make them ready for a single game elimination. Over two legs, they could have a chance maybe but no chance in this format.
One competitive game being played, the Coupe de France finals, and we already got two injuries. Mbappé almost certainly out or unfit for Atalanta game.

In 3 years, we had 2 times an injury of Neymar around CL knock outs and now it is Mbappé. So unlucky...

Gonna be another disappointing year. I'll hope for a win till the last minute but i'm very pessimistic about our chances against the italian side now.

Can't even trust Tuchel as his football plan has always been "pass the ball to Neymar and Mbappé". And last game, we learnt he decided to put Verratti on the bench, not even for athletic reasons, but as a sporting choice. When you don't have any decent midfielder bar Verratti, how is it possible to do that ? Can't wait for Tuchel reign to be over.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.