Champions League QF Draw - Lyon

No, it's a waste of time and money. Lisbon has the matches on the basis that there will be no fans inside the stadia. You won't be able to get in or anywhere near the grounds. If I'm wrong and anyone is allowed to attend then it will be socially-distanced "friends"/corporate partners of UEFA and the respective clubs. And I say that as someone desperate to see us win it having never missed a home CL game.
I think there is still a chance some fans my be able to attend. Ceferin has made it clear that the possibility is still there and a lot can change between now and the end of August when the final will be played. I fear you may be correct that the sponsors and VIPs would get the tickets. But imagine how good it would be if, say 10,000 fans were allowed in, and tickets were given out free to community groups in Portgual or even to UK families hit by Covid or health workers (with free travel thrown in). I am not turning into John Lennon but wouldn't it be fantastic if UEFA made a gesture like this to restore its reputation?

I think it’s still at our place...so still have home advantage and away goals etc just no fans will be watching it live.

No decision on the second legs has been made yet, it’s TBC. Could be at Etihad or in Lisbon.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.