Champions League Quarter Final Games 12-15th August

Hoping for a good showing from Leipzig and Angelino tonight.

Nagelsmann is probably right at the top of the list of potential Pep replacements so it'll be really interesting to see what he does tonight in a really big game with a weaker side than the opposition.

If we did,where would you play him,wide left or central & who would he replace ?
His strongest position is RW. That‘s the funny thing. I don‘t see him as a lone striker. His strengths are not with the back to the goal.

The real ambition was to turn the European cup into League hence the rebadged Champions League this pandemic has slowed that process as has emerging powers like Us. I think they were about to move to a full league format I.e two leagues where top 2 from each go into semi then final or something along those lines.and the participants resign from their respective leagues ....this was the whole point of the Cartel
I've already posted elsewhere that I simply don't think the closed model you describe is viable.

Lol I know the feeling. Congrats for the win, even though I was pretty gutted/disappointed last night. The absence of Di Maria and Verratti seemed to have quite a consequence for your team yesterday, but I haven't watched them play in a year so I don't know.
Usual PSG performance : "give the ball to Neymar and let him figure out a way to create something" "give the ball to Mbappé and hope he can be dangerous with his speed".

Verratti is the one giving balance to the team because he is pretty much able to take the ball from his goal to the other half while evading the opponent pressing.
Without him, Neymar has to do that and then do the play making and then do the finishing with Mbappé on the bench in the first half.

Look at that action at 0.25 : he does pretty much all the job but fat Icardi can't run and propose him an option and he ends up wasting the chance by doing a desperate cross. If Mbappé was there instead of Icardi, you can be sure Neymar gives the ball earlier in that situation because Mbappé would have beaten his man.

This is exactly what happened for the second goal of PSG :

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.