Champions League Semi-Final Draw | Paris Saint-Germain

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know that there are many City fans that view this competition as unimportant but I'm not of that view. I also feel that the players and club would dearly love to win it as it would increase our prestige and income and standing as a great club.

Beat Bayern in the quarter finals and with the belief we'd take from it and fear factor we'd gain from it, no one would stop us.
I thought beating Madrid last season would have the same effect and then Lyon happened.

Then again, our defence is infinitely stronger now.

We are genuinely the team nobody wants now.
I remember Ribery moaning when we drew them a good few years ago, but this is different. We are now the team to fear. We might not have it in the bag in our history, but we are number one. Nobody will want to draw us.

Who would have thought that some time ago?

Porto - We were comfortably ahead of them in the group stage, so you'd imagine we'd win. This definitely has the potential to be a real banana skin and they're a horrible, snidey team with a 'win at all costs' type manager. Would prefer to avoid them.

Dortmund - We should beat them. Despite having a lot of talent they're not performing as expected in the bundesliga. There's so many stories: Sancho, Claudio Reyna's son, Haaland, Gundogan etc. Would be a real spectacle with two teams going for it over both legs.

Madrid - Not the same team that won 3 on the bounce. They have loads of experience and if any team can find a way of grinding out results, it's them. I think we'd win, but we all know the referee would be on their side.

Munich - This is the game everyone wants to see. Flip of a coin who goes through. Whichever team wins would undoubtedly be favourites to go on and win it. I'd prefer not to play them in a final as I think over two legs we'd have enough.

Liverpool - Very weak at the moment. Would be an opportunity to get revenge. Also, means less travel for our squad which could be beneficial?

PSG - Obviously good enough to knock us out. They have some incredible players like Mbappe. Experience from getting to the final last year. Looking at their domestic form though, I'm just not convinced they're THAT good. They beat the worst Barca team in 20 years comfortably - it looks good on paper, but I'm not convinced. Even getting to the Champions League final, Atalanta should have knocked them out and then they drew a bang average Leipzig team. They never laid a glove on Bayern in the final.

Chelsea/Athletico - I just have a bad feeling about both these teams. Whoever goes through I'd rather avoid. Chelsea have been a lot more solid since Tuchel came in. They could pose a real threat and it's just a very boring tie. It would be interesting to play Athletico for the first time in the Champions League, but Simeone's tactics are anti-christ material for Pep. He'd make them very difficult to break down and with Suarez and Felix up front they can beat anyone.

I don’t get why people want to avoid PSG, the PSG that beat Barca would be comfortable for us in my opinion. Take mpabbe out of the game and they have a bang average squad . Wouldn’t be as confident if they have neymar back fit like.

When you get down to the last 8 in this competition, none of the teams are easy to play against. Let's be honest, if you want to be the European Champions, you're going to have to beat some royalty. If we beat Bayern and Real then it really would put a feather in the cap and next year, the other teams will know we didn't sneak to the final playing Dortmund, Porto and Athletico we did it the hard way!

I am not too bothered about who we play although at a push I'd probably pick Porto or Liverpool. Porto are an absolutely vile team, full of appalling snidy players, negative tactics etc. They don't have much quality and it will give us practice for when we play the other snidy European teams.

I'd not be too bothered about Liverpool either as they are absolutely broke at the minute. They look an absolute shadow of the team they were and I think we would beat them no problem.

The only thing I get spooked about is playing these teams in a final. It's one game and we know that Pep has previous for brain-farts in big games. He should not alter the team we have for the opposition, he should let them worry about us. I've a horrible feeling we'll end up playing Liverpool in the final and we will then play 8 at the back and 2 in midfield! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.