Champions League to expand by 4 games a season?

Presumably this will only serve the widen the gulf between the "superclubs" and those below them. It's an awful idea, on every level.

The greed will never stop because nobody is able to stop them. The fans are the only obstacle in their way from doing whatever they want but most of us aren’t willing to do anything about it and the ones that are are very easily replaced with tourists.

It’s called the champions league yet they want to introduce more teams that aren’t even domestic champions? It should be a straight knockout competition between the champions of the top 16 leagues in Europe, everyone else competes for the Europa league bringing some actual prestige to that pointless joke of a competition too.

I’ll be fucking the champs league off if more games are introduced, it won’t have any impact on anybody but myself but I reckon I won’t miss it after an initial season without it. I’ll simply ignore the competition as if it didn’t exist.
Done that the last 3 years, it gets easier & easier

It’s called the champions league yet they want to introduce more teams that aren’t even domestic champions? It should be a straight knockout competition between the champions of the top 16 leagues in Europe, everyone else competes for the Europa league bringing some actual prestige to that pointless joke of a competition too

There's a lot of valid criticism of the CL, and I'm completely against expanding it, but this isn't good or smart criticism.

Whining that it's not made up of champions is so stupid. The idea is to get the 32 best teams in Europe playing each other.

Swapping Real Madrid out for APOEL Nicosia because APOEL won the Cypriot League (ranked 15th) but Real finished 2nd in Spain doesn't make the competition better. Excluding Liverpool, Chelsea, Spurs because they finished 2nd, 3rd, 4th in England and bringing in "champions" like Salzburg, Astana & Molde doesn't make for better games or more prestigious competition.

Also, it's a fucking name!?! Grow up a bit. I've never heard anyone say they're sacking off going to League 1 games because it's not the number 1 league in the country or proclaiming League 2 is a joke because it's the 4th tier and not called League 4.

Lets try and focus on the real issues.

Last edited:
I'd like if it was a knockout competition just like the FA Cup. Champions should come in at a later stage.

Also agree that the squad size should be increased to accommodate so many games.

Also maybe the best youth teams should be allowed to be entered from the very first round. So that we can have a final of Senior City v Youth City.

People will start asking whether this or that talented but precocious footballer "can do it on a wet Wednesday night" in Plovdiv.

There seems to be an incessant drip of things that are slowly eroding my love of football.

Not football - i will always love it but the corruption at high level. I actually feel for the decent united fans for example. That wanker of an agent who manages Pogpa and makes it look like he is doing them a favour being there. I cant stand the champions league - we see a good game every season in it and thats it. i adore football but VAR and this sort of shit is killing it for me. I have already been to nearly 40 games this season but over 15 of them lower leagues and non leagues. Will be more lower games next season as well. I can't stand the chant wwywyws as well - it is sung by fuckwits on a day out who are sheep and should not be allowed to breed.

I am yearning for the days of turning up on the day at the Kippax today - life was so much simpler then.

I’ve reached that point now. Coming off the Cup Scheme next season. Had enough of being moved for Friends of UEFA. This just puts the top hat on it.
I did that this season.Came out of all cup competitions and watch the CL games in my local.Can`t beat it ... good ale,keep warm and no fucking big traffic queues on that bastard M56.
Do I miss watching them live ? No.The company in my local is great and its cheaper.

Not football - i will always love it but the corruption at high level. I actually feel for the decent united fans for example. That wanker of an agent who manages Pogpa and makes it look like he is doing them a favour being there. I cant stand the champions league - we see a good game every season in it and thats it. i adore football but VAR and this sort of shit is killing it for me. I have already been to nearly 40 games this season but over 15 of them lower leagues and non leagues. Will be more lower games next season as well. I can't stand the chant wwywyws as well - it is sung by fuckwits on a day out who are sheep and should not be allowed to breed.

I am yearning for the days of turning up on the day at the Kippax today - life was so much simpler then.
I don`t miss one bit the piss stones.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.