Champs League Draw

Gray said:
Ideally I would like: Porto, Athletic Bilbao and APOEL.

Not too much travelling and all winnable games.

From a "winnable games" point of view you really shouldn't mention Bilbao. New stadium, very fanatic Bask-fans (anyone notice that 90% of their fans wore the shirt in the stadium?), and a team that especially at home are a force. It's one of the worst to get from pot 3 and that team would make it a difficult draw no matter who the other 3 teams are. I much more prefer Ajax as Bilbao as it is now.
Same with pot 4, you simply want to avoid Roma.

From a travelling point, that's totally different. As I live in the Netherlands, I would prefer Leverkusen or Ajax (especially the latter as we have some making up business with that lot), and Anderlecht or Malmo / Maribor (both great road-trip).

I'd like an "easy" group this time, as I'd like us to finish first in our group. Porto, Ajax, Malmö would be a nice one IMO. Not too much travelling either. Malmö's manager is an old City player too.

As a little side note, in 99 when we beat Gillingham and they fluked it against bayern, the bragging and piss taking from the plastic rags I know was in overload and they said we'd never ever be in the Champions league, which was a fair comment to be honest as I felt the same but the sneering and cockiness from them and their arrogance always stayed with me....
Today, 15 years later,in the same week the rags got battered 4-0 off a team who didn't exist 10 years ago and the reigning premier league champions kicked off their defence of their title with a resounding 3-1 win at home, I await the champions league draw.
Manchester City are in it.
Manchester United are not....
Ain't karma a woman.

Think were due an easier group from what the last few years have given us.
But I don't see why we are going for it, If you read liverpools CL thread, they have got no 6 in the bag, and will destroy any team coming to klanfield as everybody is fearing them. Also they have the famous crowd songs on CL nights, that will intimidate any player and any away fans. Just give them the trophy now ffs.

manimanc said:
As a little side note, in 99 when we beat Gillingham and they fluked it against bayern, the bragging and piss taking from the plastic rags I know was in overload and they said we'd never ever be in the Champions league, which was a fair comment to be honest as I felt the same but the sneering and cockiness from them and their arrogance always stayed with me....
Today, 15 years later,in the same week the rags got battered 4-0 off a team who didn't exist 10 years ago and the reigning premier league champions kicked off their defence of their title with a resounding 3-1 win at home, I await the champions league draw.
Ain't karma a woman.
What a great post.that,s exactly how I feel too hahahaha.after the draw today it will finally start to dawn on some of the deluded pricks who are still in denial

sheikmedick said:
manimanc said:
Ain't karma a woman.
What a great post.that,s exactly how I feel too hahahaha.after the draw today it will finally start to dawn on some of the deluded pricks who are still in denial

me like this post too!

manimanc said:
Ain't karma a woman.

ahmen to that brother. I remember going to work the next day after that, I was the only blue with about 8-9 rags all in my ear. They were relentless with the piss taking, ill never forgive them for all the years they have took the piss. Every chance I get I will forever give it them back. Fuck the lot of em.
Gripes me when fellow blues say "Oh I feel sorry for them" im like "WHAT!!!!" Never ever feel sorry for them bastards, if the shoe was on the other foot they would be giving it full throttle!!!

i think it's time a lot of us grew a pair and said 'bring it on'

give us the hardest group, i seriously think we should top any group that the draw can throw at us. 7 points at home and 6 away, good stuff.

Easy group please,so that by topping the group we avoid meeting the big guns in the quarter final itself,we are due some luck in this competition.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.