Chance conversion for and against

If Pep doesn't have some reflection on these last few matches and decide that a bit more pragmatism ( it's not a swear word ) is required in certain matches then perhaps stubbornness is one of the very few criticisms we can justifiably make against him.
We have had a raw deal in terms of refereeing decisions these last few games and whether that's bad luck or something a bit more sinister I don't know.
Not being one of the traditional European elite or even one of the domestic elite maybe we will never get this benefit.
I still think we will still have a period of dominance at home but if we are to make a real impact in the CL we can't go on repeating the same mistakes.
The stats make for grim reading and with all this information if Pep doesn't look to tweak things slightly it may damage his legacy.
Whatever happens he's still a fantastic coach and I absolutely love the guy.

We are always in great danger when we surrender possession against any side who poses a threat on the counter.

We play quite a high risk game, which is arguably too dangerous against the better sides.

I agree. If we would have had Liverpool's front three, we would be through. Look at Bayern, Real Madrid etc. they have killers in the box. Teams would kill for the chances we get, we just don't have consistent goal scorers on the end of them - For example Sterling gets his goals through timing his runs, not running through the middle like a traditional striker

We have lost 3 on the spin and Aguero has spent the vast majority of those games not on the pitch. I think that is telling. Over the years he has scored frequesnlty and played well V United and Liverpool. Basically, we are too light up front

Bang on the money. We have to be ice cold clinical in the latter stages in the CL. We cannot afford to miss opportunities.

You'll have to start supporting Cardiff then.
Why, have a watch of a few re-runs of Pep’s Bayern. They had loads of crossed goals (watch that CL game against Juve) or balls over the top (league game against Dortmund)

It's an obvious weakness in our team We're not clinical enough. Even Kun, whose record is phenomenal misses a fair few chances in the course of a season.

Its quite simple. We eed to knock the occasional ball over the top for a foot race with a defender.

And invariably it would make the lino's arm twitch and the flag to be raised whether our man was offside or not! Once the flag goes up the attack is doomed! I'd really like to see a mix of play, though. I think our possession football is a tad monotonous and a lot easier to defend, particularly if all defensive players stick to their task! It strikes me that defending the ball on the ground is easier than defending one in the air. Whenever you see a PL side v lower league the main option from the latter is to hoof it, and good PL defenders, unused to that tactic, find it troublesome.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.