Chance of terrorism at the FA Cup final?

Wheelsy

With the FA Cup being one of the first major, worldwide televised sporting events after the death of Osama Bin Laden, do you think there's a chance of a terrorist attack at Wembley?

Especially with London already being a target for them in the past?

Any concerned City fans who are worried about their safety definitely should not go to this match.

PM me if you want to get rid of ticket or four... ;)

Funny enough I did have this passing paranoying thought yesterday!!
(Mind you I had been reading the threads on here most of the day)

After 9/11, (I think it was Birmingham at home), I sat in the Gene Kelly during the minutes silence and thought about what they would do next. A plane being flown into a sports stadium was something I thought would happen one day, but in the States more than over here. In regards to the FA Cup Final though, I think if it was a more high profile tie, like United/Chelsea or United/City or United/Arsenal for example, it would be more of a target based on the TV audience it would more likely attract. I think it would more likely be a high profile Baseball game though or something like that to be honest. Will never forget that feeling though when I sat there imagining the carnage it would cause. I'm not a sicko by the way, it was literally the first game since the 9/11 attacks and that's why it was going through my mind.

Pigeonho said:
After 9/11, (I think it was Birmingham at home), I sat in the Gene Kelly during the minutes silence and thought about what they would do next. A plane being flown into a sports stadium was something I thought would happen one day, but in the States more than over here. In regards to the FA Cup Final though, I think if it was a more high profile tie, like United/Chelsea or United/City or United/Arsenal for example, it would be more of a target based on the TV audience it would more likely attract. I think it would more likely be a high profile Baseball game though or something like that to be honest. Will never forget that feeling though when I sat there imagining the carnage it would cause. I'm not a sicko by the way, it was literally the first game since the 9/11 attacks and that's why it was going through my mind.

I think it's crossed most people's minds at some point Pige. At least those who go to sporting events with some degree of regularity.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.