change to bookings

nevblue

After watching games where fouls are committed tactically, i think a change is needed to the way cards are issued.
At the moment, a team has the option to commit up to 11 fouls before a player is removed from the pitch, some of those leading to a potential goal scoring position(which are not given red card status by the ref). I call this tactical fouling.

Instead of the card being issued to the player, i think a team as a whole should be given a yellow card. Once, say 5 cards are produced then the opposing team has the option to take a player of their choice off the offending team (except goalkeeper). If this happens, then the limit is set to 3 cards before the next player can be sent off. If the same player commits 2 fouls then he is red carded, as normal.

This would stop the amount of fouls committed as the fouling team would know that they will have a player sent off if they reach 5 cards, and know that their best player would be removed from play (who would not be happy with offending team mates' needless tackles) . This would give the 'footballing' teams extra protection.

After watching Vidic yesterday and other games, i always think he fouls tactically and has the art of diving perfected more than Ronaldo. I also think the orders come from management to do this as a yellow card is lot lighter punishment than a goal. This style of fouling seems to be more prevalent in tight international matches, where there are few chances to get into a goalscoring situation.

Just sinbin them. Reserve red cards for dangerous or violent conduct, yellow card gets 10 minute sinbin, the number of yellow cards will be hugely reduced, the number of stupid sendings off from 2 silly yellow cards that don't really merit getting sent off will also be reduced.

You'll also get a lot more respect for the Ref, provided they're not idiots and start dishing out yellow for simple fouls. A mistimed tackle, which isn't dangerous, but would get a yellow nowadays should simply be a foul and a verbal warning.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.