Changes after jabs

2 weeks on from this and taking the figures from this story:
85% vaxxed adult population , and 48% of adults in hospital with covid, being vaxxed.

so if 1000 people in hospital with covid, 85% vaxxed.
If vaccine did nothing then 850 out 1000 in hospital would be vaccinated = 85%
If vaccine was 10% effective then 765 out of 915 would be vaccinated = 83%
50% effective is 425/575 = 74%
75% effective is 212/367 = 58%
80% effective is 170/320 = 53%
85% effective is 128/278 = 46%
90% effective is 85/235 = 36%

so the vaccine is working, still, at about 85% effectiveness in keeping vaxxed people out of hospital.

most people would gamble for money at odds of less than 48% (roulette).
Avoiding hospitalisation and onwards at 85% ‘winning’ is a no-brainer.
The other thing those stats don't tell you is the average time in hospital for vaxxed v unvaxxed, and how long after vaccination people are admitted. The majority of vaxxed hospital patients were infected before full immunity had kicked in - less than 21 days after the second jab. Also my understanding is that the vaxxed who supposedly have full protection spend on average 3 or 4 days in hospital before being discharged whereas the unvaxxed are in for much longer and are generally more seriously ill.

Had my 2nd dose of Moderna last Wednesday. Felt fine so went to the gym but by the evening I was feeling very achey and got the shivers. Was up all night with a temp. Felt ropey all day Thursday and had a further temp that night (the bed was soaked in sweat) but was fine by Friday morning.

All good now, a tiny price to pay to ensure my safety and freedom!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.