Changes at Cardiff?

Blue Tooth

Bluebirds see Red

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footba...-major-rebranding-is-proposed-91466-30924816/

CARDIFF CITY could wear red from next season as the club considers a major rebranding exercise.

WalesOnline can confirm the Bluebirds are considering replacing the blue strip they have worn since 1908 after the club's Malaysian owners conducted a review of everything at Cardiff City Stadium.

The move could also see the current Bluebirds emblem changed to include a Welsh dragon, with the club also releasing Cardiff Blues from their long term lease at the stadium. The rugby region will return to the Arms Park with immediate effect.

But it is the proposed changes at Cardiff that will send shockwaves around the city, although rumours of a name change and change of seating colour are understood to be unfounded.

In a remarkable day of uncertainty at Cardiff City Stadium, the Bluebirds and Blues both released statements announcing the the parting of ways from June 1.

It is understood the changes have been ordered by billionaire backer Vincent Tan and boss Malky Mackay being handed a summer war chest of cash to strengthen the playing squad also on the table.

The club's Malaysian investors are thought to believe red is a more dynamic colour for marketing in Asia, as well as of more national significance in Wales.

A statement from Cardiff City on releasing the Blues from their lease said: "Cardiff City Football Club can confirm that following positive negotiations and in the best interests of all concerned, an agreement has been reached to allow Cardiff Blues to terminate their lease at Cardiff City Stadium on 1 June 2012.

"This will see Cardiff Blues’ move back to Cardiff Arms Park over the summer in readiness for the 2012/13 football season, and will allow significant branding to take place at Cardiff City Stadium during the same time as it now becomes home solely to the football club.

"Of the agreement, Cardiff City Chief Executive Alan Whiteley said, “This is a decision that will allow Cardiff City Football Club to take positive steps forward in terms of celebrating the stadium as the sole home of the football club, while also assisting Cardiff Blues to maintain their future stability.

“It’s with the full support of our Malaysian investors that this agreement could be reached and facilitated. Satisfactory financial terms have been reached with the Cardiff Blues to allow their exit, which coupled with the Premier League aspirations of this football club and a need therefore to be in sole control of our stadium, makes this a good solution for both sides. It also provides the ability and impetus for us to fully brand Cardiff City Stadium, celebrating our history and heritage across concourses and other supporter areas, which I am sure all our fans will welcome and embrace.

“We wish Cardiff Blues every success back at the Arms Park and thank them for their openness during negotiations. The agreement will still provide the Blues with the opportunity to play occasional higher profile games at the stadium in consultation with Cardiff City Football Club. We now turn our focus to a comprehensive review of all football club operations, as is the case every close season, from which we can look forward to the new season with renewed confidence."

Astonishing !!!!

everyone knows that Cardiff is Blue (rugby and football) , swansea is white (rugby and football)

Why can't malaysians deal with the colour blue FFS ???

Does tis not show a lack of respect for Cardiff's traditions ??
never a fan of Cardiff (especially as my dad is a Swans fan)

However what would fellow blue mooners be feeling if we had been asked to abandon our traditional skyblue ???

dom said:
Astonishing !!!!

everyone knows that Cardiff is Blue (rugby and football) , swansea is white (rugby and football)

However what would fellow blue mooners be feeling if we had been asked to abandon our traditional skyblue ???
I'd love to see us playing in red. That'd be fantastic.

jimharri said:
dom said:
Astonishing !!!!

Are you mad? You want us to replicate the scum? Seen it all now ffs.

Blue Smarties said:
jimharri said:
dom said:
Astonishing !!!!

Are you mad? You want us to replicate the scum? Seen it all now ffs.
Nah; it'd be really, really neat.

dom said:
Astonishing !!!!

It does say 'after full consultation', so I'd imagine that they've done a survey, similar to the ones we receive from City on a regular basis, and the majority was in favour of a change to red.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.