Charity shield 1968... Manchester City v WBA.

We were on a crest of a wave , league champions , smashed six in the charity shield as an enthusiastic ten year old it was one of the best periods to support the club , FA Cup,ECWC and some amazing players and the best management team in the country , with a little more investment that team would have won a lot more trophies . Really annoys me when our '68 team is totally ignored when they talk about great English club teams , along with Mercer & Allison's contributions.

Asa Hartford gives the ball away for wba leading to our first goal. ..blistering counter-attack.
Commenator after our brilliantly worked free kick for the 3rd " That was footballing perfection"
Liverpool fans and flag in the north stand...different times,different attitudes to other teams...

I dont recall Asa Hartford playing for us back in 1968 ?

We were on a crest of a wave , league champions , smashed six in the charity shield as an enthusiastic ten year old it was one of the best periods to support the club , FA Cup,ECWC and some amazing players and the best management team in the country , with a little more investment that team would have won a lot more trophies . Really annoys me when our '68 team is totally ignored when they talk about great English club teams , along with Mercer & Allison's contributions.

Pretty much my exact same early life Jimmy, we were winning everything in sight and i loved being a City fan (still do mind!) especially with all the Reds at school....every year we seemed to win something it was brilliant and then .................................. what a wait that was, but all seems more than worth it now, even though i left the UK shores in 2000 and have pretty much missed seeing all the success live, although i did get back for the FA Cup final vs Watford, which was strangely a huge anti-climax as we were simply on another planet from them!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.