Charity shield 1968... Manchester City v WBA.

The first, third and sixth goals were on a par with anything you'd see Peps dream team score. And back then it was a heavy leather Casey, not the balloon like footballs the 'yut play with today.

Pretty much my exact same early life Jimmy, we were winning everything in sight and i loved being a City fan (still do mind!) especially with all the Reds at school....every year we seemed to win something it was brilliant and then .................................. what a wait that was, but all seems more than worth it now, even though i left the UK shores in 2000 and have pretty much missed seeing all the success live, although i did get back for the FA Cup final vs Watford, which was strangely a huge anti-climax as we were simply on another planet from them!

They were certainly halycon days , late sixties and seventies , the problem is clueless opposition supporters actually beleive we have no history , we won an FA Cup before the Dippers , we won a title before the Dippers , we won a european trophy before the Dippers and a League Cup before the Dippers , our club between 1968 and 1979 were always considered one to the top four/six teams in the country with some of the best attendances.
We were not only here when we were shit , we were here when we were also very very good , but when plastic fans are hypnotised into believing football was invented in 1990 by Sky , then our rich history will never be mentioned or appreciated.

I was at the Roses match at Old Trafford that day, couldn't miss that.
Brian Statham's last match I think?

My parents had booked a 2 week family holiday in the Isle of Man starting on the day of the Charity Shield and coming back on the afternoon of that 0-0 derby at Maine Rd, so I missed the lot including the cricket and a midweek home game against Wolves. Let's just say I wasn't happy!

Brian Statham's last match I think?

My parents had booked a 2 week family holiday in the Isle of Man starting on the day of the Charity Shield and coming back on the afternoon of that 0-0 derby at Maine Rd, so I missed the lot including the cricket and a midweek home game against Wolves. Let's just say I wasn't happy!
I can imagine. You are right it was the last game for Brian Statham.

They were certainly halycon days , late sixties and seventies , the problem is clueless opposition supporters actually beleive we have no history , we won an FA Cup before the Dippers , we won a title before the Dippers , we won a european trophy before the Dippers and a League Cup before the Dippers , our club between 1968 and 1979 were always considered one to the top four/six teams in the country with some of the best attendances.
We were not only here when we were shit , we were here when we were also very very good , but when plastic fans are hypnotised into believing football was invented in 1990 by Sky , then our rich history will never be mentioned or appreciated.
Top post mate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.