Charlotte, North Carolina

Anyone been or live there? Weighing up a potential job offer there (having never been!)

Thanks

Surely you need to go and have a look before you make any kind of decision?

A colleague went to college in N Carolina for a year. It's not deep south, but it is bible belt. Republican/Trumpland.

"The Last of the Mohicans" with Daniel Day Lewis was filmed on location in N Carolina (even though set in upstate New York). The back country looks stunning. Part of the Appalachians, I think.

What job is it? Sorry for being nosey but I thought I'd set the ball rolling in the thread. :)

It’s for one of the big banks. A former boss has approached me having worked for him previously.

Will be heading over to take a look soon.

Once upon a time I’d have instantly dismissed an opportunity like this, however now kids are older, world seems smaller plus have seen City win everything other than the Champions League

If we didn’t like it we could always come back so feels like there really is nothing to lose

I have family there, went years ago about 93 I think, the people are friendly. my sister and family live at kings mountain

One of my favourite parts of the States. If I ever moved over permanently it would bt NC or Denver, CO.

If we didn’t like it we could always come back so feels like there really is nothing to lose
That's exactly the attitude I had when I moved. 20 years later I can say I have never regretted a single miute.

Go Tar Heels!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.