Cheap ale at the ground on Sunday

water should be free or nominal price

£2.99 a bottle the last time I bought one second home game in!! I used to be able to take one in with me but of course now that is impossible.

I can buy the same size bottle and possibly the same brand (not sure on the brand though) for at least 80p in the local supermarket.

When i had it out with supporter services over their confiscation of bottles of water last season, and pointed out you can't force people to pay for water etc if they need medication (pointing out that although it's tennis wimbledon have FREE water fountains throughout their grounds, as well as allowed your own bottles in) - they told me that if you ask at any of the sales points for a free glass of water you can get tap water safe to drink for free. Rather than be made to buy a bottled water.

I haven't tried it out yet though..! I can picture teh faces on the server.. "can i have some free tap water please, city said it's allowed!"

£2.99 a bottle the last time I bought one second home game in!! I used to be able to take one in with me but of course now that is impossible.

I can buy the same size bottle and possibly the same brand (not sure on the brand though) for at least 80p in the local supermarket.

i still take one in

You clearly had the good sense not to drink too much of it if you had forgotten about it.
At that time,and at that age,most of my home match football drinking was in the supporters club next to the club shop.
I absolutely loved that place.work hard all week,put up with folk taking the piss out of City cos we were....not very good, get to the ground, sat1.30pm,
Show your club membership at the door,..and be let into a clubhouse fully decked out in sky blue....friendly beery faces everywhere you looked.
Heaven...nearest i got to that around the etihad is the Townley.

Who's going to enforce the cut off time? Can see it now. Dozens deep at the bar whilst some new member of staff spends 15 minutes working out how to put the new price in the till. Then just as the queue starts moving again the price goes up! There'll be a riot!

They never stop me taking one in as long as it's unopened.

THIS is the best way to get fans into the ground earlier rather than create queues with magic wand wavers slowing down the entrance process and pretending it's for safety reasons.

Perhaps if we weren't such a bunch of piss pots we wouldn't be overly concerned about guzzling gallons of over-priced fizzy euro-lager before and after the game. We would also benefit from a hassle-free pre-match experience and save the NHS billions in reduced BQSS (beer queue stress syndrome), related illnesses and medication.

I'm going to inject some crack cocaine in to my eyeball whilst in the security queue on Sunday, can anyone recommend a decent dealer I can meet in city square?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.