cheap but nice North-West breaks...

norfstander

Been finding work a bit stressful lately and haven't been on holiday in a couple of years. Money's a bit tight, but i'm hoping to get away for a few days for a bit of peace and quiet. I'm open to suggestions, but don't drive, so somewhere with a direct link from Manchester which i can get to in an hour or two max would be ideal. Just want to get away from the everyday hustle and bustle, chuck the mobile in a drawer and take it easy somewhere with a bit of scenery, read a couple of books, go for a swim, maybe a spot of fishing, visit the odd country pub, etc.

Can anyone recommend anywhere in particular - villages, small towns, etc, etc, which you've visited perhaps and which might tick most of my boxes? Half tempted to just chuck a few things in a rucksack and jump on a train to the Lakes, but i'd probably end up going somewhere shite.

Thanks in advance.

Cheshire;

Tattenhall
Swetenham
Peover
Goostrey
Church Minshall
Nantwich
Beeston

gordondaviesmoustache said:
The stadium tour at old trafford represents really good value.

On matchday you are allowed to wander through the midfield area unimpeded.

Day trip to York on the ale, not NW but quick to get to on the train.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.