Cheap Trains Withdrawn already Sun 14th April.

20 of us booked our return trains (which leave manc at 9am on the 13th and leave London at 10pm on the 14th (bear in mind we didn't know what day and time the semi would be played)) and our accommodation after the Leeds match. Then each of us then put a fiver on Barnsley to qualify (18/1 at the time) as an insurance policy.

But because we booked it so early we got the accommodation AND return train travel for £40/50 each.

I am happy to hear that it has gone up £24 in the space of a week. So rags either have to take the risk of buying now (for a game they might not even play in) or wait 2 weeks and have to pay £100+ for a train ticket. Happy days :)

IH8MUFC said:
I am happy to hear that it has gone up £24 in the space of a week. So rags either have to take the risk of buying now (for a game they might not even play in) or wait 2 weeks and have to pay £100+ for a train ticket. Happy days :)

Apart from most rags only need to by a zone 2 underground ticket to get there ;)

IH8MUFC said:

Wishful thinking but a return train from Manc to london off peak (ie the weekend of the matches, and after 9.30am weekdays) *never* goes above the standard off peak return of £77.30, so they wont have to pay £100.
It's the individual "virgin value" singles that sell out the close to a date and go up in price, once that passes the £77.30 anyone with a brain that still has to go buys that return instead.
Then again rags dont have brains so they may still get stung ;)

Lmarkham-blueblood said:
20 of us booked our return trains (which leave manc at 9am on the 13th and leave London at 10pm on the 14th (bear in mind we didn't know what day and time the semi would be played)) and our accommodation after the Leeds match. Then each of us then put a fiver on Barnsley to qualify (18/1 at the time) as an insurance policy.

But because we booked it so early we got the accommodation AND return train travel for £40/50 each.

We did the same bar the barnsley bit, and had the accommodation on a free cancellation policy cost us £100 £50 quid for each train n hotel, so yesterday changed the trains to 8:20 sunday going and kept the 21:15 coming back cost us a tenner, cancelled hotel saved 340 to go to the ale

SteWadda said:
I have just been on Trainline and there is a return for £52.

java.jpg

Update for everyone and for those planning to book trains.

Bought a rail card...Split it 5 ways for the year.a fiver each.

Now booked 4 adults and a child runcorn to Wembley stadium for the sum total of £175 working out at £35 notes each plus a fiver each for the rail card.

Up to 4 adults and one child can travel on the railcard..Huge savings..Cost me 25.20 for the year. third off adult fares and 60% off kids.

Below is the link to get a 10% discount on a railcard if anyone is interested.

http://www.familyandfriends-railcard.co.uk/online/

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.