Cheap Trains Withdrawn already Sun 14th April.

been scouting about pal and it recommends that u give it at least 2 hours to get back to euston after the match, im thinking off waiting for the crowds to go and get a taxi back with 5 sharing it should be about 8 quid each max, so ive been told

Aer Lingus flights from Shannon to Heathrow are €150 return.
Something's wrong somewhere.

Although, I'm not complaining.

mad4city said:

Knock to Luton (out saturday, back monday) €43 return. The same flights to Stanstead are €48.

jimharri said:
mad4city said:

Knock to Luton (out saturday, back monday) €43 return. The same flights to Stanstead are €48.

Losing a day's holiday isn't such a great plan, though. Not saying I earn a fortune (I don't, trust me!) but it'd be false economy, especially when you factor in the price of a hotel on Sunday night.

I work at Virgin Trains and part of my role is to specify where extra train capacity is required around special events.

On April 14th we are planning on providing the following (subject to the timings we get back from Network Rail):

Additional trains at 08.40 (est) Manchester - Euston (calls Stockport and Macc)
19.31 (est) and 20.31 (est) Euston - Manchester - both call at Macc and Stockport.

Before and after the match all other services have been planned to be 11 coach trains (150 extra seats compared to our 9 coach trains).

The additional trains won't go on sale until we get the confirmed timings back from Network Rail, but keep checking the Virgin Trains website for seat availability.

Think yourself lucky you're not a Wigan fan. They've got no trains back after their semi as the route closes for engineering work after the 20.31 train from Euston on the Saturday.

staffsblue said:
I work at Virgin Trains and part of my role is to specify where extra train capacity is required around special events.

On April 14th we are planning on providing the following (subject to the timings we get back from Network Rail):

19.31 (est) and 20.31 (est) Euston - Manchester - both call at Macc and Stockport.

Before and after the match all other services have been planned to be 11 coach trains (150 extra seats compared to our 9 coach trains).

The additional trains won't go on sale until we get the confirmed timings back from Network Rail, but keep checking the Virgin Trains website for seat availability.

Think yourself lucky you're not a Wigan fan. They've got no trains back after their semi as the route closes for engineering work after the 20.31 train from Euston on the Saturday.

Cheers mate. That's good info.

staffsblue said:

cheers fella. a heads up would be handy if you could.

staffsblue said:
On April 14th we are planning on providing the following :

The additional trains won't go on sale until we get the confirmed timings back from Network Rail.
Excellent. Wish I'd known this before I booked my train tickets, two weeks ago.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.