Cheap Trains Withdrawn already Sun 14th April.

toffee balls said:
DTKOAG said:
Hope these trains will stop at Stockport and not flirt past if full.
We have bought off peak returns for Sunday.
You will be fine Chris.
All trains must stop by law stop at Stockport
Cheers Neil.
You in club Wembley Sunday ?

ChesterRdBlue said:
staffsblue said:
Another update:

Our collegues at Network Rail still haven't uploaded the schedules for the additional trains into retail systems, so we are unable to open reservations.

The trains WILL still operate and the following will be 100% unreserved (so all 592 seats available for walk up punters):

All estimated timings still so may vary:
0845 and 1040 Manchester - Euston
1931 and 2031 Euston - Manchester

I'm out the office for the next 2 days but will give an update on Friday with confirmed timings.

Will there be any change to the advertised fares? I just checked from Urmston via Warrington out of interest and it's coming in at £75, same for Manchester, is that the best I'm likely to get at this stage?

All advance fares have sold out (there's only a limited quota for the various levels of these) so the only available fare is the off-peak return which is £77.30 from Manchester.

You might be able to to get something cheaper if you try a bit of split ticketing. For example, try Crosscountry to Stafford to get on a Virgin Train there, or Arriva to Warrington or Crewe for Virgin from there.

Best to avoid any trains that call at Stoke from mid-morning as they'll be full of rags (the one's who aren't travelling up from London, obviously).

DTKOAG said:
staffsblue said:
Another update:

Our collegues at Network Rail still haven't uploaded the schedules for the additional trains into retail systems, so we are unable to open reservations.

The trains WILL still operate and the following will be 100% unreserved (so all 592 seats available for walk up punters):

I'm out the office for the next 2 days but will give an update on Friday with confirmed timings.
Will the above trains stop at Stockport ?
I presume we will have no issues getting to London Sunday AM ??

The additional trains are all calling at Stockport and Macclesfiled, but not at Stoke so they don't become rag-tastic.

Getting lift to Liverpool on sunday morning on 1st train out of there to euston... then last train back to warrington £39 rtn (railcard)

toffee balls said:
DTKOAG said:
You will be fine Chris.

when this coalition mess gets the boot rescinding this law must be the first act of the new government

adds unnecessary time to the trip the Stockport lot can schlep to town or Crewe

staffsblue said:
Another update:

Confirmed timings for the extra trains are:

Man Pic 08.32, Stockport 08.42, Macc 08.59, Euston 11.34
Man Pic 10.40, Stockport 10.50, Macc 11.04, Euston 13.16

Euston 19.31, Macc 21.27, Stockport 21.44, Man Pic 21.56
Euston 20.59, Stockport 23.11, Man Pic 23.23.

11-coach trains requested on all 4 of the above. All unreservable. All standard class only, so first come, first served for the First Class coaches G, H, J and K at no extra cost.

See you at Wembley.

johnbmcr said:
toffee balls said:
DTKOAG said:
You will be fine Chris.

when this coalition mess gets the boot rescinding this law must be the first act of the new government

adds unnecessary time to the trip the Stockport lot can schlep to town or Crewe

It's an urban myth is this "all trains must stop at Stockport mullarkey". The 19.40 Euston - Manchester on weekdays doesn't call there and all the Crosscountry Manchester - Bristol trains on Sundays miss it out too. Virgin Trains tend to call there as it's a massive source of revenue (park and ride off the M60 and all that) and the Government's Department for Transport specifies a minimum number of calls per day.

what were the early trains like last time.. am a bit concerned as get on at Macc on the first one out 8.40am a few of us booked seats

Check the Cross country trains and try breaking the journey into singles - Picc to Bham new st then single to euston instead of returns .
I travel from Oxfordshire to Manc doing this and can save quite a bit of money

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.