Ched/Chad Evans = Jon macken?

mancity89

I said this ages ago that he's going to be the next jon macken and it looks like people are starting to come to the same conclusion. He's a championship player

But he's still better then samaras

Jnr Kisby said:
so now that jo is out with a virus we pass the shit on to the next youngest?

Nope, I hope the lad proves me wrong (I never want a city player to do bad, unlike some other people on here) but I'm just saying it as it is. He's a poor player (in my opinion), he isnt no where near up to the standars of sturridge

Jnr Kisby said:
so now that jo is out with a virus we pass the shit on to the next youngest?

Not at all because some of us have said from the start that Evans aint good enough, its not like he had a bad game last night and now we are jumping on his back! I am just puzzled as to what some City fans see in him and the notion that he is better than Sturridge is ridiculous! Evans will never make it at City, he would have struggled when we were skint but he has zero chance now we are loaded!

I think City fans have a habit of believing our youngsters are better than they are, this is certainly the case with Evans!

He's not as good as Sturridge, but I don't see him as a lone striker. As with all youngsters, I'd prefer them to be playing in a confident side. I'd loan him to a lower level Prem team and see if he can cut the mustard.

you might be right, and hes obviously under performing, but hes a young lad playing an unfamiliar role in a poor team.
We making Robiniho look poor - Cheds got no chance.

Im sure the boo boys will finish him off next opportunity

He's nothing like Jon Macken. Very different players and Ched didn't cost us £5 million. We've had lot's of championship standard strikers over the years

I agree about Sturridge I do think he is better, but I believe in time Evans will make the grade, as someone said on here last night strikers hit their peak in their mid 20's when they've grown up a bit and have confidence in themselves. There is so much pressure heaped on youngsters now because of the success of a few like Rooney, Agbonglahor etc

simonk said:
you might be right, and hes obviously under performing, but hes a young lad playing an unfamiliar role in a poor team.
We making Robiniho look poor - Cheds got no chance.

Im sure the boo boys will finish him off next opportunity
Doubt he'll get boo'd, well he wont if hughes realises he's not up to scratch and doesnt play the lad for him to get knocked.

Only player I can ever remember booing in a city shirt was berkovic & barton after they both handed in transfer request

fully agree

i really want him to do well and he works hard but he doesnt have what it takes to play at the top level.......

unfortunately none of our strikers do (with the exception of Boj who is an unknown quantity)

it is an area we drastically need to improve.....our midfield is relatively strong and with the adition of another hard working box to box midfielder we should be ok Hamman will retire soon and gelson could be left to see if he improves....same with Jonno)

the wings are pretty solid though maybe we could do with other options to cover injuries

however the centre forward options are weak

evans...wont make it
Jo.....no idea on this guy.....could be ok but has a long long way to go
sturridge....has potential but still needs to learn a lot
Caceido....good goal last night but i think his decision making and the time he requires on the ball will hamper him
Boj........????????????????????????//
Benjani..........not good enough
vass..........complete utter waste of space...no suprise since he has been put back in the team we hae stopped scoring.....no attacking threat whatsoever and is a liability!!!!!!!

we are extremely limited upfront

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.