- 6 Jul 2009
Wouldn’t touch a single one of them players tbf. Let them sort their own problems outWas thinking of making this same thread.
Let's see, apart from the ones mentioned by Barça's president, all of these are up for grabs:
- Neto (31) -> Not a bad GK, but apparently we're already going with Zack Steffen and Scott Carson as back-up GKs.
- Samuel Umtiti (26) -> We already have Laporte and Aké as left-footed CBs, so he's not needed.
- Gerard Piqué (33) -> Very slow, was never able to lead their defense.
- Jordi Alba (31) -> If he was 28/29 I'd say go for it, but now I don't think so.
- Júnior Firpo (23) -> Nope.
- Sergi Roberto (28) -> If we sell Zinchenko, this guy could be a good utility player. He can play RB and midfield.
- Sergio Busquets (32) -> We already have Rodri, which is almost 10 years younger and plays in a similar fashion.
- Ivan Rakitic (32) -> Call me crazy, but I never liked this guy.
- Arturo Vidal (33) -> Big nope.
- Rafinha (27) -> His career has been plummeting for the past 3 years.
- Luis Suárez (33) -> Wouldn't mind having him for a season, but the wages would be stupidly high.
I don't know what Barça will do about their youngsters, but there's also:
- Iñaki Peña (21)
- Jean-Clair Todibo (20)
- Ronald Araújo (21)
- Juan Miranda (20)
- Moussa Wagué (21)
- Matheus Fernandes (22)
- Oriol Busquets (21)
- Riqui Puig (21)
- Carles Aleña (22)
I'd like to give Riqui Puig a chance if I'm being honest. Maybe sign him and loan him for a couple seasons, I think he can develop into a good player.
So yeah, if we decided to sign anyone from Barça, Sergi Roberto and Riqui Puig would be my choices.