cheer up?

halpo123

cooks promising suprises,hughes' giving nothing away,robinho more worried about the rain than the kicking he's been getting. seems to me they're pulling together, ashley has already given up on owen ,alladyce needs our money so do at lot of other sides.this is gonna take some getting used but it really is gonna happen.the big sell begins here
lets enjoy it we're in the last 32 of the euefa cup for fucks sake we've played a lot of games with a small squad.hughes is gonna play the disciplarian all the top clubs have that quality in their manager.the club needs a bit of discipline its been a fuckin joke for years he knows the game nobody can really argue otherwise he can spot a player thats pretty well proven.add to that he's got a fairly good pick of the best players in the world how could it possibly go wrong!it couldn't could it!

He's been 'playing the disciplinarian' for the past 6 months. In fact, him and Cook couldn't stop gushing to the press over the summer how much professionalism and grft he was giving the squad and how this would result in a crack, superfit, never say die outfit.

Unfortunately, he hs got it wrong and has fostered a no spirit, demoralised, low on confidence split camp.

So people can stick their cliched bo11ocks about disciplinarians where the sun don't shine. It's rubbish and doesn't matter a jot. What matters is whether someone is a good manager or not. Not what style they do it in.

ALAN BALL WAS A DISCIPLINARIAN!

If only Hughes had a World Cup medal to show them.

Apart from that, I agree with a lot of stuff about the money. Even this mug can't fail with it.

alan ball ,your trying to connect ball and hughes sorry not havin it, he's got a system he just needs his players in to implement it
early season he tried an attacking 3-5-3 at times but his defence didn't have the talent to play that way.
we've three centre backs worth the name and none of them can pass the ball consequently the ball comes back at us .what we need is a reliable attacking midfielder somebody who even when he's not setting the world alight he's still putting a shift in .a centre forward who can cope with the prem and i'm getting fed up now with thinking of of all these things that would improve us so i'm putting my one finger away and retiring

halpo123 said:
cooks promising suprises,hughes' giving nothing away,robinho more worried about the rain than the kicking he's been getting. seems to me they're pulling together, ashley has already given up on owen ,alladyce needs our money so do at lot of other sides.this is gonna take some getting used but it really is gonna happen.the big sell begins here
lets enjoy it we're in the last 32 of the euefa cup for fucks sake we've played a lot of games with a small squad.hughes is gonna play the disciplarian all the top clubs have that quality in their manager.the club needs a bit of discipline its been a fuckin joke for years he knows the game nobody can really argue otherwise he can spot a player thats pretty well proven.add to that he's got a fairly good pick of the best players in the world how could it possibly go wrong!it couldn't could it!
great post Halpo long may he reign.

JohnMaddocksAxe said:
He's been 'playing the disciplinarian' for the past 6 months. In fact, him and Cook couldn't stop gushing to the press over the summer how much professionalism and grft he was giving the squad and how this would result in a crack, superfit, never say die outfit.

Unfortunately, he hs got it wrong and has fostered a no spirit, demoralised, low on confidence split camp.

So people can stick their cliched bo11ocks about disciplinarians where the sun don't shine. It's rubbish and doesn't matter a jot. What matters is whether someone is a good manager or not. Not what style they do it in.

ALAN BALL WAS A DISCIPLINARIAN!

If only Hughes had a World Cup medal to show them.

Apart from that, I agree with a lot of stuff about the money. Even this mug can't fail with it.

It's disturbingly similar to the sort of talk around Newcastle when Souness took over.

Much as I think Hughes has lost the plot, I would pick him on his worst day over Ball on his best every day of the week. Actually there isn't a city manager I wouldn't over the last 30 years.

His mangerial skills worked for Blackburn and Wales where there wasn't any so called superstars. They relied upon hard work and discipline to get there results. Its ashame but i think most of the high quality players put technique before hard work and dont respond to hard nosed managers as much as your average players. Hughes is still learning and needs to find a balance on hard work and technical ability in my view. Certain players need different motivational methods to get the best out of them. Some players might need a rollicking and some might need an arm around there shoulder. I get the impression he is just a hard nosed manager who demands work rate above everything and if someone does not deliver are left out in the cold. I agree with this to some extent but certain players will not deliver, look at Geovanni last year he wasn't the best trainer and suffered because of it. This year though he is letting his football do the talking and the manager has let him enjoy his football. This is one example and i think its the same for a few players at city at the moment. Who would be a manager eh?

So my biggest question over Hughes is:- Can he manage so called Superstars? I will back him and get behind him 110%

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.