cheer up?

I thought Rob was used to the weather but is moaning like a woman about the tough nature of the league

JohnMaddocksAxe said:
He's been 'playing the disciplinarian' for the past 6 months. In fact, him and Cook couldn't stop gushing to the press over the summer how much professionalism and grft he was giving the squad and how this would result in a crack, superfit, never say die outfit. Unfortunately, he hs got it wrong and has fostered a no spirit, demoralised, low on confidence split camp.
That might be the case if players like Ireland hadn't improved out of all recognition. Hughes is trying to raise the bar but some players haven't responded. Garrido is clearly getting a better player. Zabaleta's performances have been first rate once he'd settled in. SWP is giving everything he's got. Sturridge has looked much better this season. I suspect Petrov & Bojinov will walk into Hughes's first choice team.

However some players haven't raised their game (mainly Dunne, Richards, Vassell, Benjani, Jo and Elano) and clearly want to stay in the comfort zone set by Sven's laid back approach. We used to see players run out of steam by 70 minutes but we don't see that now. He can only instill a more professional approach in players that themselves want to improve.

come on i cant let this go robhino said today how he can't believe the crowd, how we cheer a corner like a goal we've always had ace fans ,the shit we've put up with years of backbiting years of the 5th collumn,muen,its as though some people thrive on things going wrong stick together they all want us to fail .even if we do lets do it together
hughes is not that bad he hasn't the charisma of jose but not many have ,hes 100% committed and the modern day footballer expects that maybe doesn't like it but expects it.
theres gotta be a boss at any work place footballs no different .they've had little vocal support and i understand that i never wanted him and swore never to utter his name in song .but maybe showing everyone at the club we support hughes can let everybody know there little power struggles wont be tolerated .total change is required ,you need somebody with total belief in what they're doing ,its time to pull together

JohnMaddocksAxe said:
He's been 'playing the disciplinarian' for the past 6 months. In fact, him and Cook couldn't stop gushing to the press over the summer how much professionalism and grft he was giving the squad and how this would result in a crack, superfit, never say die outfit.

Unfortunately, he hs got it wrong and has fostered a no spirit, demoralised, low on confidence split camp.

So people can stick their cliched bo11ocks about disciplinarians where the sun don't shine. It's rubbish and doesn't matter a jot. What matters is whether someone is a good manager or not. Not what style they do it in.

ALAN BALL WAS A DISCIPLINARIAN!

If only Hughes had a World Cup medal to show them.

Apart from that, I agree with a lot of stuff about the money. Even this mug can't fail with it.

you not been getting it off the mrs recently mate you seem abit tense :) lol

No, its time to judge someone by the standards that everyone else is. ie: the job they are doing.

Not like someone has put above where they praise him for getting the best out of Ireland and Zab but then go on to say its the fault of all the players that the rest of them are well below par.

Giving him prise for the minimal good stuff and saying the bad stuff isn't his fault.

The manager is repsonsible for everything at the club. If maybe one player isn't happy or putting it in then, yeah, it could be a player issue. If loads of them are below par, with one or two bright spots then it is down to the manager not having addressed that. Like Kinnear did, like Sbragia is and like Redknapp did.

Let's judge him on the job he is doing in the whole. Not only on the very few positives or just on some warped, cliched idea of a 'hardman' being the sure for all ills (especially as his approach has taken us backwards so far, when that seemed almost impossible)

halpo123 said:
cooks promising suprises,hughes' giving nothing away,robinho more worried about the rain than the kicking he's been getting. seems to me they're pulling together, ashley has already given up on owen ,alladyce needs our money so do at lot of other sides.this is gonna take some getting used but it really is gonna happen.the big sell begins here
lets enjoy it we're in the last 32 of the euefa cup for fucks sake we've played a lot of games with a small squad.hughes is gonna play the disciplarian all the top clubs have that quality in their manager.the club needs a bit of discipline its been a fuckin joke for years he knows the game nobody can really argue otherwise he can spot a player thats pretty well proven.add to that he's got a fairly good pick of the best players in the world how could it possibly go wrong!it couldn't could it!

Haha what a load of tripe. The only thing I can definitely agree with in all that is that we're in the last 32 of the UEFA Cup. The rest of it is just utter bullshit and fails to mention the many things that are still wrong within the club at the moment.

first time ive been able to come on here since watching that load
of shit saturday and it till pissis me off,
lose this week and hughes should just FOOK RIGHT OFF

Not even all the money in the world has cheered me up this week, still fucked off about this weekend. One thing i hate is the typical City tag and its more evident than ever, spent a fortune and got some top players and we are getting worse,typical... The only thing in recent games i have had to cheer about is a fucking ball boy and it's not good enough, got to be looking at a couple of wins from our next few games or hes got to go, you don't ask a bus driver to ride for your F1 team.

Grimble said:
Not even all the money in the world has cheered me up this week, still fucked off about this weekend. One thing i hate is the typical City tag and its more evident than ever, spent a fortune and got some top players and we are getting worse,typical... The only thing in recent games i have had to cheer about is a fucking ball boy and it's not good enough, got to be looking at a couple of wins from our next few games or hes got to go, you don't ask a bus driver to ride for your F1 team.

Spot on. All these people who go on about 'typical city' and the 'I've put up with it for 40 years so will carry on doing so' brigade are not seeing what's in front of their eyes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.