Chelsea 2017/2018

Obviously Roman doesn’t donate to the tories as they seemed not arsed chasing the ones that fund them.

Who cares they are all of the same ilk! Labour, New Labour, Tories, Lib Dems and Oligarchs. All they are interested in is themselves, getting in power, making money and staying in power.

Lots of jumping to conclusions in this thread.

He either sells or continues to invest in the club. Both scenarios are fine with me. The only way Chelsea slip into mediocrity, the way people are eagerly predicting, is if he doesn't sell but also point blank refuses to invest any further into the club, a scenario that, IMO, will never happen.

Exactly this.

Chelsea are at a level now where Roman knows he can get someone in China or Saudi Arabia to cut a cheque for £1bn tomorrow.

Be careful what we wish for.

prime for a China/US/Emirates take over, one of the top ten clubs in the world, money rolling in from the premier league. question is would a new owner want to invest and complete with City

Can you explain why you think Chelsea will fall into obscure mediocrity, even in the unlikely scenario that Roman is done with the club?
I don't think I said that. I was wondering what was going on at CFC.

But any team who are 5th and need to rebuild their club outside the CL places have a difficult time ahead.

The stadium decision is a massive blow because it will affect the long term future of CFC. You'll be overtaken in time by other London clubs because they have a significant economic advantage.

See Nevin's comments on BBC

"If you look around the rest of the Premier League, everyone else is growing the size of their stadium. Arsenal, Manchester City and Manchester United all have much bigger stadiums and you need that income if you are going to make the sort of money to make you competitive.

Roman Abramovich and Chelsea have made it clear that they are trying to live within their means to some degree and they have done a decent job at that.

So to do that, without depending on Abramovich, they have to make sure they have a bigger stadium, and if they haven't got a bigger stadium, it is going to be hard to compete.

It is a slight worry, but I don't think it is the end of the club, and the plans are on hold and not completely shelved for the long term."

I agree with Nevin apart from I think it's a bigger worry.

Last edited:
I've brought this up in a couple of threads but this is probably where it should be . Sarri has as lot of baggage with public quotes that have seen him be accused ofHomophobic, rascist, sexist views. According to Italian commentators his views would be even less acceptable here than they are in Italy, and would make an English job difficult. It now seems these reports are giving Chelsea second thoughts, not sure why now they are all out there in the public domain.
"
CHELSEA TURN AWAY FROM SARRI

Maurizio Sarri’s regular brushes with Italy’s football authorities look likely to cost him the chance of becoming Chelsea’s next manager, Sky Sports News understands.

A series of misdemeanours – the most recent a €20,000 fine and two-game ban in January for alleged homophobic abuse of Roberto Mancini – looks to have steered the West London club away from appointing the controversial 60-year old.

Sarri denied being a homophobe but was banned for "directing extremely insulting epithets at the coach of the opposing team".
http://www.skysports.com/transfer-centre
He had a go at bobby did he,let me at him

How does the loan to Roman work if a buyer comes in?
They value the club without the loan, offer that amount to Abramovich for Chelsea FC PLC and he winds up the holding company that actually owe the money, ie he cancels the debt.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.