Chelsea 2017/2018

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/jul/07/chelsea-romelu-lukaku-offer-match-manchester-united

Incredible. What a sychophantic article for Chelsea from a national football journalist. Do City ever get coverage like that?

SSN were reporting that Raiola is due £10m and CFC could not match that.

Man Utd are operating on a different playing field to everyone else, but they just look absurd, and I expect Chelsea fans will absolve their owner/club of blame in being beaten to the player when they find out just what Man Utd have paid. How long are the Premier League going to tolerate these massive payments to agents? But why didn't CFC move on to another target? They should have known what was developing. Leaves Chelsea in a very awkward position.

There is no chance we're going into the season with Llorente and Batshuayi as our strikers. No chance.

I don't know what is happening with the rest, but I can pretty comfortably say we were never signing Bonucci. Sandro might still happen, but it's impossible to tell what is happening there. I'd rate that transfer unlikely at this point.

If we're not getting Lukaku. I would hope we would have the sense to land either one of Morata or Belotti. Today's rumour about Benteke made me laugh.

With all that said, we'd probably still comfortably get out of our group, even if Batshuayi is our first choice striker.
But will you still have a coach. Man Utd offer is absurd. It's annoying me to be honest because it makes football look absurd as well and the game will fast lose credibility

But will you still have a coach. Man Utd offer is absurd. It's annoying me to be honest because it makes football look absurd as well and the game will fast lose credibility

Similar tactics to those that used to be used in UK by American buyers at auctions for particularly production machinery.
They used to keep there hand up in full view of everyone during bidding then increase the bid significantly which simply stopped further bids.

Perhaps the Glaziers have suggested this old method.

Conte will mostl likely sign a new contract as soon he gets back from holiday and reports back for pre-season, which is due to start next week.

Lukaku will end up costing United 100mill. Absurd amount, but the alternatives are not going to be much cheaper. Belotti has a 88mill release clause, while Madrid want about 80mill for Morata.

I remember when we sold Luiz for 50mill just 3 years ago and we all lost our minds. That amount wouldn't get you an elite defender these days. 70mill to 90mill is what the elite players are going for these days.

Conte will mostl likely sign a new contract as soon he gets back from holiday and reports back for pre-season, which is due to start next week.

Lukaku will end up costing United 100mill. Absurd amount, but the alternatives are not going to be much cheaper. Belotti has a 88mill release clause, while Madrid want about 80mill for Morata.

I remember when we sold Luiz for 50mill just 3 years ago and we all lost our minds. That amount wouldn't get you an elite defender these days. 70mill to 90mill is what the elite players are going for these days.

Certainly makes Monaco's business plan attractive.
Who would have thought that making money out of football by buying and selling players would rival the elite clubs for financial reward.

Certainly makes Monaco's business plan attractive.
Who would have thought that making money out of football by buying and selling players would rival the elite clubs for financial reward.

I still think the jury is out on Monaco. Can they keep churning out or finding talents once this current group have moved to bigger clubs?

Absolutely it is but the key word you used was "elite".

Lukaku is not in that bracket and you have dodged a huge fucking bullet.

Absolutely it is but the key word you used was "elite".

Lukaku is not in that bracket and you have dodged a huge fucking bullet.

In terms of strikers, Lukaku would be as elite as we could possibly hope for in the current market. The alternatives are Morata and Belotti, or to keep a clearly unhappy Costa. All of whom are either not as good as Lukaku, or in his bracket.

There is Aubameyang who was said to be available for 63mill a few weeks ago. His price is supposedly 80mill now. I would hand over 80mill for him tomorrow, but other than him, the market for strikers is really poor this summer. We were linked with Benteke and Llorente yesterday ffs. Shocking names.

EDIT: Or we just throw a hail mary, and give the 75mill we were willing to pay for Lukaku to Arsenal and get Alexis Sanchez and still have a few millions left.

So Gabriel Jesus appears a very astute signing, cheap at twice the price you could argue

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.