Chelsea (a) post-match thread

To just put that down to a midfield pair is unreasonable when there are 9 other players on the pitch.

There will have been many mitigating factors in those defeats and this is a team game.

It’s a very black and white way to look at it.

They are both quality players and tbh, if Pep doesn’t see it that way then I’d be inclined to trust his judgment.

But each to their own.
Individually they are good players as a midfield pair we loose when they play together the teams for the defeats back it up

I always go on the basis that out of 5-6 top midfielders, at least one will be out injured/suspended at any one time, so you need to carry one extra. I thought Aouar and Ndombele last season, so maybe Aouar and an other this year. At just 20, Foden is still very young and inexperienced, which is why we should be looking for players who are 22-25.
Don't know much abour Aouar (he's only 21). I have seen Ndombele for Spurs and have not been hugely impressed. What does he do? He runs around a lot but doesn't create much or score many goals. Is he defensive?
We need players at a similar level to Bernardo, Ferdy, David Silva. It is a very tall order. I reckon Tielemans, Maddison, and Ndidi (all Leicester) are all better than Ndombele but could they make the next step up? None of them are as good as Foden.

Sort of beats me how any City supporter can be “happy” for Liverpool when you look at how disgracefully their supporters have behaved towards our club over the eight years or so (and actually it goes back further than that — I could tell a good few tales, as could any other old timer on here).
To state the obvious: they have been, by a country mile, the best team in the land in terms of consistency, and fully deserve their title. That's as far as I'll go.
I continue stubbornly to argue that when we are at our devastating best — and, by the way, we were not far off in the two matches that preceded last night — we are the best footballing team in the land and one that most neutrals would prefer to watch. What we have lacked dreadfully this season, both as a team and as individual players, is the ability to turn up week after week at top level. They have had it. We have not.
We live to fight on in two other trophies.

Don't know much abour Aouar (he's only 21). I have seen Ndombele for Spurs and have not been hugely impressed. What does he do? He runs around a lot but doesn't create much or score many goals. Is he defensive?
We need players at a similar level to Bernardo, Ferdy, David Silva. It is a very tall order. I reckon Tielemans, Maddison, and Ndidi (all Leicester) are all better than Ndombele but could they make the next step up? None of them are as good as Foden.

Aouar turns 22 next week and he and Ndombele were at the heart of a highly talented OS Lyon that gave us a tough time. Only used the latter as an example but think there are many good options on the continent; we’d be paying a Sheik’s ransom for anyone playing in England.

One thing that summed up our season in this game was that only twice during the game did Chelsea look remotely threatening going forwards, and they scored both times, both stemming from overly casual play in both attacking and defending.

I think concentration is a real issue, which generally stems from a lack of motivation. Not that they're unmotivated, that's not fair of me to say. But they aren't super motivated like we've seen them be out there.

Very similar to the swamp Derby this one, Chelsea had something tangible to play for and we were in 2nd gear not wanting injuries for the bigger more important battles ahead. We will get our revenge in the champions league final I'm Sure.................

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.