Chelsea (A) | Post-Match Thread

Why so angry today ?
Maybe a mixture of no sleep remembering those slagging Bernie and Pep off with nonsense, combined with some post match adrenaline haha probs sound angrier than I am cos don't usually post expletives.

Think I'm just disappointed in the way some of our fans are some have become entitled I don't like it... Will always back the team though no matter what as long as there's effort and everyone defo played their part today.

You are my City
My only City
You make me happy
When skies are grey
You’ll never know just
How much I love you
So please don’t take
My City away

No need for that, Gundo has been a huge part of this club success and will still be in the future.

When relating it specifically to this game, against this opponent, where the margins are so small and the front six were required to hound the ball from start to finish in order to give us the best chance of winning, I don't think that makes it any less true.

What a win. When I saw Tuchel going berserk on the sideline first half I thought " you can't get a way out can you ? You're defending way too deep and it's wave after wave of City attacks as the pressing is strangling you. If it continues like this in the 2nd half it is only a matter of time until City will score .

Tuchel at the end " City deserved to win . For the first 60 minutes we played well but only in the last 20 metres of the pitch. After the goal we played very strong in the last 20 metres of the field but only there unfortunately and the other 80 metres left we were not good enough today to escape pressure, to have ball possession and not only ball possession to breathe but also ball possession to switch of (the)play ,to hurt them , to .... and to grow in confidence...It never happened in the first half ,also in second half until we conceded we defended very well like I said ,the box and the goal ( area) excellent but this was the only part of the match so the performance was not complex enough, it was all not on our very best level and you need very best level to push a game like this to your side .
After the goal it felt a little bit more like a belief and winning is bigger than the fear of losing something, I dunno why ,and ,and we tried to push ,got the crowd behind us. City got a bit tired and we could create more deliveries and more situations around the box . Then it was a very open game ,of course ,a very emotional game but like I said not on our highest level and that's why you cannot expect to get a result. Its always possible to turn things around with one delivery, more precision to get a header maybe and get an equaliser but in general we can accept . Like I said it was not our best game"

Reporter -" you seemed very animated on the touchline and were trying to being the side forward but you seemed to get pressed back ....wing backs pressed back. Did you say anything at half time to try and solve this ?"

Well it's the same like I said. We are top in the last 20 metres but there are another 80 metres to go (so) we adjusted our system a little to a double 6 so that helped us a little bit or we thought it might help us . Then we conceded a goal from set play and yah even if we wanted to go for long balls for Romelu it was not precise enough . I did not feel the belief that we can really escape with short balls .... the belief that if we play long balls ,that we believe in it . It was doubtful. And we were a little bit like we were protecting something like ..it felt like we have something to lose. There was a lot more to win than to lose and ok (it)can happen . It lacked a little bit of freshness also ..NG? is ill but I let him start. Jorginho has some problems ( but played). Tiago could not start so yah maybe this is on me.Not the very best choices . Ok "

Says it all. We pressed them to death and they had no answer as we reduced them to a fear of losing rather than allowing them space to have a belief to win. This stems from their park the bus/ defensive tactics together with a complete inability to hit on the break simply because of the stranglehold we had all over the pitch. Chelsea have a one dimensional feel to them and Pep and his boys got to grips with that today. Every single player did their job to perfection according to Pep's instructions. It was simply wonderful to behold. Savour it for a couple of days.

This was reminiscent of the game at the Kremlin in Pep's first title-winning season, in that we went there and totally dominated them, but only won 1-0, when in reality, it could/should have been three or four.
I agree, but I want to say that we were better today than in that game, up against a better Chelsea too.

I know a few fans won't like this statement, but I thought Gundogan being out helped a lot with that.
Said before the game it was a blessing in disguise, hopefully he’s fit for Tuesday when the game will suit him much more.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.