Laporte
Cancelo
Fernandinho
Gundogan
Bernardo
Foden
Kdb
Jesus.

Not the side that I think Pep will pick but what I want to see. Peps probably going to go for total control of the ball which means Rodri, Grealish and mahrez. Energy and movement on and off the ball is vital to beating these. Play slow ponderous stuff like southampton and Chelsea can defend all night untroubled. Needs to be quick with plenty of movement and we need the high intensity press all over.

Who plays where is up for debate. Jesus leads the line the best and will give us the best pressing from the front so I'd like to see him upfront, Bernardo on the right, foden left, gundogan and kdb ahead of Fernandinho. It's very interchangeable though, with the exception of Fernandinho and gundogan in central midfield any of the midfielders could be shifted into any position.

If stones and laporte had been fully fit I could see Pep mirroring their formation but surely not with them both being less than fully fit at best.

Fitness permitting:

Ederson
Walker
Dias
Laporte
Cancelo
Fernandinho
Gundogan
Bernardo
Foden
Kdb
Jesus.

Not the side that I think Pep will pick but what I want to see. Peps probably going to go for total control of the ball which means Rodri, Grealish and mahrez. Energy and movement on and off the ball is vital to beating these. Play slow ponderous stuff like southampton and Chelsea can defend all night untroubled. Needs to be quick with plenty of movement and we need the high intensity press all over.

Who plays where is up for debate. Jesus leads the line the best and will give us the best pressing from the front so I'd like to see him upfront, Bernardo on the right, foden left, gundogan and kdb ahead of Fernandinho. It's very interchangeable though, with the exception of Fernandinho and gundogan in central midfield any of the midfielders could be shifted into any position.

If stones and laporte had been fully fit I could see Pep mirroring their formation but surely not with them both being less than fully fit at best.
Grealish will,and should,definitely start.

Other than that,and a personal preference for Stones,happy days.

Grealish will,and should,definitely start.

Other than that,and a personal preference for Stones,happy days.
For me, It's him or Phil not both unless you leave out one of kdb, Bernardo or Gundogan and play Foden central which shouldn't happen if they're all fit and available. Foden has consistently shown he makes the difference in big games and has to start. Grealish hasn't got peps work rate defensively in him yet to start ahead of any of them. I wouldn't grumble if stones played, Laporte just currently has the shirt.

Ederson
Walker-----Dias-----Laporte-----Cancelo
---------------Rodri
Gundo.....Silva
Foden..............Grealish
---------KDB

Mahrez to come on against tiring legs

For me, It's him or Phil not both unless you leave out one of kdb, Bernardo or Gundogan and play Foden central which shouldn't happen if they're all fit and available. Foden has consistently shown he makes the difference in big games and has to start. Grealish hasn't got peps work rate defensively in him yet to start ahead of any of them. I wouldn't grumble if stones played, Laporte just currently has the shirt.
Pep has to find a way to play Foden,KDB and Grealish,as they are world class and are born to entertain.Id also hopefully like to see Bernardo in the same 11,but i think that's a square peg too far.
Its a dilemma and one of those 'good' problems,but it will not please everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.