Chelsea (A) - Sat 25 Sep 12:30 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking fw to this strangely. It's at theirs, they're favourites, we're at a low edge relatively, everyone is expecting us to lose. It's a good chance to reassert ourselves and boost our confidence, or will be a tough game though, no idea which way it will go myself but I think we have a chance.

The problem is you know this place is going to go mental when we lose. No one is going to care that we're missing 1/3rd of the squad, or that it's still early days, it's just going to be the world is ending, we've lost the title already etc.

Big test for Pep and the team, fingers crossed Rodders is fit.

Ederson
Walker Dias Ake Cancelo
Rodders KDB Bernardo
Mahrez Foden Grealish

Would take a draw.

exactly we need to sacrifice our midfield control and make the game more open. if it is just us having us have the ball, they will easily find a counter.

Yep, it wouldn't be difficult to create a 4-5-1, with Sterling at the top.

Basically go like-for-like, stop the overlaps on the wings, make it clear to Grealish and Jesus they must come right back to make it the five.

We don't need control, what we need is the threat of quick transition, that would keep Chelsea honest at the back.

My team would be...

....................EDDIE....................
WALKER....DIAS.....AKE......CANCELO
JESUS.....BERNIE..DE BRUYNE...FODEN...GREALISH
..................STERLING..........

The two toughest games so far, Liverpool aside, have been Villa at home and Spurs in the first half. Both Villa and Spurs pressed us aggressively. They stopped us from playing our usual game. Of course they both lost 3-0 in the end, so maybe not the best approach, but City are better than those teams and are capable of pressing better and in a more sustained way.

I agree with those who say if you come and try to dominate possession, we have the tools to soak that up and hit you on the counter. I think the best way to beat us at the moment is press into making mistakes in our defensive third.

The two toughest games so far, Liverpool aside, have been Villa at home and Spurs in the first half. Both Villa and Spurs pressed us aggressively. They stopped us from playing our usual game. Of course they both lost 3-0 in the end, so maybe not the best approach, but City are better than those teams and are capable of pressing better and in a more sustained way.

I agree with those who say if you come and try to dominate possession, we have the tools to soak that up and hit you on the counter. I think the best way to beat us at the moment is press into making mistakes in our defensive third.
The last three games have been very close games so it will probably be moments of magic or mistakes that are the difference

Pep won't do it, but we just need to let them come on to us.

It sort of transpired that way when we won at their place last season.

They are essentially a back seven when sat in.

My biggest concern is the transition against us in midfield and at set-pieces, especially at corners.

Grealish is going to be essential.

When they lost to Villa last season Grealish pulled their defence apart they couldn't deal with him. They put two defenders on him but that still didn't do it.I think he was also the reason azpilicueta got sent off

Chelsea seem to have a solution for almost every team they play against going back months now. Even if Chelsea aren't playing well they seem to find a way to win and if not then don't get beaten.
Of course I think we can go to Stamford Bridge and beat Chelsea but it's going to be a seriously tough game Chelsea are a well oiled machine.
With Stones and Laporte being out of makes it even tougher.
I'd actually like us to play Chelsea at their own game sit back being compact, Hope for Chelsea to come out and leave spaces.

I fancy Chelsea to edge it. I'd be happy with a point right now.

Yep, it wouldn't be difficult to create a 4-5-1, with Sterling at the top.

Basically go like-for-like, stop the overlaps on the wings, make it clear to Grealish and Jesus they must come right back to make it the five.

We don't need control, what we need is the threat of quick transition, that would keep Chelsea honest at the back.

My team would be...

....................EDDIE....................
WALKER....DIAS.....AKE......CANCELO
JESUS.....BERNIE..DE BRUYNE...FODEN...GREALISH
..................STERLING..........
same but i will just switch around sterling and Jesus feel like he is more effective wide in a transition game and Jesus will give us a focal point. also ask Foden and Jack to swap often

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.