Chelsea (A) - Sat 25 Sep 12:30 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Chelsea seem to have a solution for almost every team they play against going back months now. Even if Chelsea aren't playing well they seem to find a way to win and if not then don't get beaten.
Of course I think we can go to Stamford Bridge and beat Chelsea but it's going to be a seriously tough game Chelsea are a well oiled machine.
With Stones and Laporte being out of makes it even tougher.
I'd actually like us to play Chelsea at their own game sit back being compact, Hope for Chelsea to come out and leave spaces.

I fancy Chelsea to edge it. I'd be happy with a point right now.

We haven't often had to come from behind to win a game, but out of the 5 games (in 33 games) we've gone a goal down, we've failed to win 4 of them, losing 3 of them. Ironically the one game we did win was the league game at the Etihad. But if there is a question mark (or weakness) over this team it's our ability to win a game from a losing position.

Your injury issues is of course a concern for you, but I still think whatever team Pep puts out there won't be a team that's inferior in quality to Chelsea.

__________________Steffan__________________

Walker______Dias__________Ake_______Cancelo

________________Rodri_____________________

________Bernardo__________KDB____________

Sterling__________Foden____________Grealish

Why would you play Sterling ahead of Jesus?

We haven't often had to come from behind to win a game, but out of the 5 games (in 33 games) we've gone a goal down, we've failed to win 4 of them, losing 3 of them. Ironically the one game we did win was the league game at the Etihad. But if there is a question mark (or weakness) over this team it's our ability to win a game from a losing position.

Your injury issues is of course a concern for you, but I still think whatever team Pep puts out there won't be a team that's inferior in quality to Chelsea.
I agree with your forecast for this game.
Hopefully Tuchel's recent victories will not get into Pep's head.
Is Rodri going to be fit ?
If not, Pep must be prepared to change the defensive midfield player (e g. Fernie) if things go wrong, or we go behind.
Tuchel is readily prepared to change things early, if his team selection/formation goes awry.
I'm not sure that Pep will do this.
We can certainly beat Chelsea away (the performance when Kev scored a screamer, was superb).
Let's hope the team are up for it and Pep keeps his head and is focussed...

I maintain we will win the game if southgate managed us against you guys. all it takes is putting all our best players in the right position they play against chelsea and we win the game. but no pep sometimes lets his ego get in front of him and tries to show he is too clever against his opposite manager and ends up looking stupid with no defensive mid and no forward.

I maintain we will win the game if southgate managed us against you guys. all it takes is putting all our best players in the right position they play against chelsea and we win the game. but no pep sometimes lets his ego get in front of him and tries to show he is too clever against his opposite manager and ends up looking stupid with no defensive mid and no forward.

What makes Pep do those things, do you think?

I think we're both capable of beating each other, as I think these are roughly two teams on equal footing, which is a pleasing thing to be able to say for first time in about half a decade.

Why would you play Sterling ahead of Jesus?

I'd play Sterling because a few months ago he scored and won a penalty in the closest game we had to beating Tuchel's Chelsea. In fact, if Aguero scores, we win that game, I think even Tuchel admitted that. This was also when everyone was complaining about his form.

Also his runs in behind James were our only big chances against Chelsea in the CL final.

I'm not sure it's a fight between the two of them though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.