Chelsea (A) - Sun 18th Aug '24 | Post Match Thread

SebastianBlue

President, International Julian Alvarez Fan Club
IMG-2607.jpg

Julian reckons, given the circumstances, and the truly diabolical officiating, the lads did very well today.

Special word for Rico—now my lad’s favourite player, apparently—who was absolutely magnificent throughout.

Kovacic was brilliant, as well. Arguably his best performance for us.

I hope a few that were fervently criticising Rico and saying he needed to start on the bench today in order for us to have a chance at winning this (especially a few that had a go at other blues who disagreed with them) have the integrity to hold their hands up in the post-match thread.

Oh, and I desperately hope that was just a contact knock for Savinho, as he was brilliant in his first real 45 minutes in a sky blue shirt.

All things considered, that was an excellent start to the season!

City, City, the best team in the land and all the world!

Last edited:
I don’t think we were NEARLY as bad as some were saying in the thread. Chelsea have spent a billion pounds in a few short years. They have quality all over the park. We’re playing away, and riding your luck is almost inevitable at times. I saw a lot more good than bad. Hopefully, Savinho is just a knock. Losing him and Bobb would send us to the market without question.

Shoutout to Rico Lewis. It’s easy to forget he’s just 19. Absolutely flawless.

Some real positives from that performance.

Rico, Kova, Josko, Bernardo all brilliant.

Would love Rico to hold down that starting spot at right back.

Signs of the real Ruben Dias too.

Savinho grew into that first half and Doku had a great second half with his running causing them all sorts of problems and creating the space.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.