Chelsea - Blue on Blue (again)..

I was really shaken up at the last game I attended when a rapscallion street urchin castigated me for not sounding like Shaun Ryder. It really knocked my self confidence.

Thankfully, I’ve since taken some elocution lessons:

Somehow, I had imagined you as being a little taller than that.

I'm not saying they hadn't had a drink but look ay it this way.
You go to a lot of away games like me and I can't remember when I last sat down, maybe at half time.
20 mins into the game. I would have looked for anywhere available till half time, and then got into my seat.
If you stood in the aisle near your seat a steward would have come up and asked you to go to your seat whereupon you
would have told him people were in them and he would have then removed them.
No need to barge in. You have a perfect right to sit in your seat but it's not the Cinema or Theatre.
They are a good set of lads, never miss, like you in Kharkiv and Leon so now you know their faces you will most likely
bumps into them on next Euro. No bother., water under the bridge.
As you live in Leicester do you know Mr. K.originally from Wythenshawe and Mr. N. ( Had his picture in the Lyon Newspaper )

I wouldn’t even explain no more mate I think you’ve made the point clearly. I think it’s perfectly reasonable if your 20 minutes into a game and the seats empty then there’s every reason to think no ones going to fill them. Unless your in the foyer doing the singing on you tube like a few do nowadays and stroll up to wave the players off:)

I wouldn’t even explain no more mate I think you’ve made the point clearly. I think it’s perfectly reasonable if your 20 minutes into a game and the seats empty then there’s every reason to think no ones going to fill them. Unless your in the foyer doing the singing on you tube like a few do nowadays and stroll up to wave the players off:)
The thread has given an opportunity for city fans to moan about young city fans being loud and lairy, funnily enough some of the moaners are also on the atmosphere threads moaning about lack of atmosphere and that were getting old as a set of fans. Some people live to moan.

The thread has given an opportunity for city fans to moan about young city fans being loud and lairy, funnily enough some of the moaners are also on the atmosphere threads moaning about lack of atmosphere and that were getting old as a set of fans. Some people live to moan.
Stop moaning.

Focusing more on the accent thing than people kicking off.

Times have changed, tickets are becoming increasingly harder to come by yet at Liverpool away you see a row of about 9 east asian lads who clearly haven't been to enough games to come by those tickets via points, you see half a block of Belgians at Arsenal, Chelsea at the weekend there was a couple from the south coast a few rows infront of me on their first away trip, all these people through no fault of their own are getting dogs abuse from a ccent hunk of the more seasoned supporters because there's frustration at tickets being taken away from the most loyal and sold to the highest bidders, they're the only faces the people being pushed out can see as City are very underhanded with tickets and won't disclose exactly where they all go so they get the abuse when all they've done is pay through the roof to have an opportunity to experience what we as regulars are used to.

Sadly, anybody with an accent at away games, particularly big ones will get some comments now regardless of whether they've got 20k points and go every game or if they've paid 10 times the odds on some predatory website for their first away experience. It's not right but I think it's something that's only going to continue and probably even escalate as time goes on and City continue to syphon off tickets. It's up to City to either stop doing it or at the very least be transparent about it
I think you've hit the nail on the head there. No one wants glory hunters taking up loyal fans' tickets, but the assumption that all blues with non-Manc accents fall into that category is just wrong.

Growing up in Bedfordshire and having to support City (Dad didn't exactly give me a choice!) wasn't easy - Utd and Liverpool fans everywhere - and my brother and I got plenty of abuse. Then when we started to get good we got the whole 'glory hunter' jibe thrown at us, which annoyed me so much that I started carrying a pic of me from 1986 at three years old wearing a City shirt! Now, having fended all that off, the thought of fellow blues might give us stick for our accents makes my heart sink a little.

I must say, I have noticed that our nob-head quota seems to have increased a lot these past few years; or, perhaps, they've just become more vocal. Because of where I live I used to go to about 10-15 away games per season, maybe 3-5 home games, and never saw any blue-on-blue trouble. Previous two seasons I saw it at every away game, as well as every trip to Wembley (the worst being Community Shield just gone). And for those playing at home, the answer is b) Cocaine...

Don't think the moan was about atmosphere but standing up in the first row.

I think you've hit the nail on the head there. No one wants glory hunters taking up loyal fans' tickets, but the assumption that all blues with non-Manc accents fall into that category is just wrong.

Growing up in Bedfordshire and having to support City (Dad didn't exactly give me a choice!) wasn't easy - Utd and Liverpool fans everywhere - and my brother and I got plenty of abuse. Then when we started to get good we got the whole 'glory hunter' jibe thrown at us, which annoyed me so much that I started carrying a pic of me from 1986 at three years old wearing a City shirt! Now, having fended all that off, the thought of fellow blues might give us stick for our accents makes my heart sink a little.

I must say, I have noticed that our nob-head quota seems to have increased a lot these past few years; or, perhaps, they've just become more vocal. Because of where I live I used to go to about 10-15 away games per season, maybe 3-5 home games, and never saw any blue-on-blue trouble. Previous two seasons I saw it at every away game, as well as every trip to Wembley (the worst being Community Shield just gone). And for those playing at home, the answer is b) Cocaine...

Big problem Coke mate, it's cheap and as easy to get as a pint.
I now loads of fans from all over the Country who follow City, you only have to look at Pat and his Cheltenham lads . The miles they put in over the years.
But there are a lot of Tourists know who don't know the first thing about City. OK everyone has to start somewhere.
But Chelsea is a good example of where City cream of tickets and sell them to anyone who will go on their Corporate Bash.
Perhaps my mates confused this Guy as one of them, but he obviously wasn't.

Big problem Coke mate, it's cheap and as easy to get as a pint.
I now loads of fans from all over the Country who follow City, you only have to look at Pat and his Cheltenham lads . The miles they put in over the years.
But there are a lot of Tourists know who don't know the first thing about City. OK everyone has to start somewhere.
But Chelsea is a good example of where City cream of tickets and sell them to anyone who will go on their Corporate Bash.
Perhaps my mates confused this Guy as one of them, but he obviously wasn't.
PM me with details mate ;-)

I hope he is reported, fans like that aren t welcome. his mates are as responsible for his actions as their numbers add to his drunken bravery and shitty attitude. no blues should have to face this,least from one of our own. it s shameful stuff.

What was all that scrapping about in the corner near the Everton fans? Was it scousers in the city end. If so, how mad have you got to be to do that there!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.