Chelsea - FA Cup SF | Post-Match Thread

Torres isn't suited to the premier league. I've said this from the start. He can't go past defenders. He doesn't have the pace or the physical strength.

I will never, ever, ever judge a player on their first season In a new league. Especially a young one.

David Silva was underwhelming and as much as hate the twat.. I spent the first season Tranny joined Raggies Poking fun at their fans for signing him... only to every ally look more than a little stupid.

First season in England for a teenage import is a compete free hit performance wise.

Last edited:
Not our best day, team was more than good enough to win the game, players just played poorly tbh.

Think we were much better when we changed from the double pivot, think we paid them waaay too much respect tbh, the counter attack threat wasn't as great as we made it out to be imo.

Rodri, Foden and Dias the only players that played well imo.

Quad was always going to be a near impossible feat, even with our squad, some perspective is that we are the only team competing in all 4 comps, in this impossibly hard season on top of it. There's no shame in going out in the semi's today, the focus is now on how we respond mid week, we need a win and a convincing win imo.

No club has played and won like we have this year, lets just relax and trust that the team that got us into this insane position can now re focus and finish it off.

Agree but Gabby was more of an orthodox striker playing off the shoulder of the last defender then and was constantly caught offside.

Pep now has him playing deeper and working more for the team which is great but not so great if we need to score goals, he did the same with Aguero but at least Aguero still managed to score goals.

I love Gabby and would love him to hit the highs of Aguero but I think we all know it's not going to happen, maybe pushing out wide instead of Sterling at the moment would be more beneficial to the team but then again that would leave us without a striker, although Torres didn't do so bad for us earlier in the season playing up front.

I'm not talking playing full strength here by the way but in games like today where Pep is rotating.

Going back to Gabby in his early days playing off the last defender, what happens if we buy Haaland? Do we expect him to track back too and run all over the pitch as well as score goals, because if we do I have a feeling we'll be very disappointed.
I just can’t see Haaland as a Pep player at all. Bellingham though is a different kettle of fish!

matey clubs just don't have money to spend and its a option that can sweeten a deal when you say i will give you so much and a player ? it will be like the old days this summer

matey.. you haven’t read my post. Players aren’t cattle, especially elite ones. You have just mentioned the clubs not the the players. That is ignoring 50% of the situation and actually the most important factor. And besides... we just agreed to pay Kev £400k a week. The old days it is not. Sorry you are wrong.

If we drop a £350K a week, 5 year contract on Sterling soon we are in trouble. All good things come to an end and he’s been in a steady decline all season.
There should be some exits to make way for fresh faces this summer and him and Mendy should be first in the queue.
I can’t quite understand how a 26 year old, seasoned professional, England international, can drop that performance in a semi final. It’s borderline criminal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.