Chelsea - FA Cup SF | Pre-Match Thread

Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Steffan deserves to start in the cups, He has been excellent when ever called upon.
If he starts on Saturday which is highly likely then I'm happy.
As you said if anything ever happens Eddie then we have a keeper who gets game time.

Steffan 100% deserves it, it also means we can keep a very good backup keeper happy, as they know they will take part in winning this club trophies and doesn't necessarily have to move to a weaker club just to play more. He has 10 appearances this season and has been solid, which could be 14-16 appearances come the end of the season.

Not bad to know we've got a keeper playing 15 times a season, should our number 1 ever get injured.

Yeah I'd rather improve the chances of us getting through to an FA Cup final, rather than trying to keep the morale of the backup keeper high thanks.

I suppose I'm struggling to see where he's really weakened us this season:

Steffan's appearances this season:
24th Sept - Bournemouth (H) - LC 3rd Round - Won 2-1
30th Sept - Burnley (A) - LC 4th Round - Won 3-0
9th Dec - Marseille (H) - CL Group Stage - Won 3-0
22nd Dec - Arsenal (H) - LC Qtr Final - Won 4-1
3rd Jan - Chelsea (A) - League - Won 3-1
6th Jan - Man Utd (A) - LC Semi Final - Won 2-0
10th Jan - Birmingham (H) - FA Cup 3rd Round - Won 3-0
23rd Jan - Cheltenham (A) - FA Cup 4th Round - Won 3-1
10th Feb - Swansea (A) - FA Cup 5th Round - Won 3-1
20th March - Everton (A) - FA Cup Qtr Final - Won 2-0

None of the goals were his fault either.

I love Ederson and agree he's better but I don't think Steffan is so much worse that he can't be our cup keeper.

Ultimately I don't mind what Pep does but I'm just justifying why it wouldn't and shouldn't be an issue if Pep goes with Steffan.

To be honest it’s almost certain he will mass rotate in the league cup final. He isn’t going to risk Foden and De Bruyne before a CL semi final so they will play against Villa for me. The league cup and Fa cup games will see Sterling, Cancelo, Laporte, Jesus, Fern and probably Steffan. Only Mendy Ake and Torres won’t start any of the next 3/4 for me.
We have the freshest squad in the league, he's rotated well all season long and kept them all in A1 condition. Now it's crunch time, they're going to have to play two games a week at times as Leeds showed we can't mass rotate and expect the win at this stage. It's causing us to lose rhythm

I think the clue to who plays can be inferred from what Pep has said all season all the players are in it together so for me it should be steffan to keep him inclusive. Obviously Pep will be the final arbiter.

I take it you weren't paying attention the last decade or so. The only time we dropped the cup keeper for the final (Wigan) we lost.

The umpteen other times we repaid faith in the cup keeper (willy, bravo) they've won us games with crucial saves from open play and in penalties.
Not just that but there's good reason to believe that against Wigan, the nigh on 8' tall(!) Pantillimon probably would've saved the winning goal... Plus I'm guessing the atmosphere caused by the decision and the uncertainty around the camp fueled the dreadful performance and the aftermath (premath?) on that sodden day. I was watching it at the Etihad. Miserable, miserable day that was

I think Pep will play false 9 , the same team against Dortmund but with Steffen over Ederson.

This is where Pep will hopefully make the most of being able to use 5 substitutes (6 if it goes to extra time)

Game could easily be won or lost from the bench....and our bench will for sure be very strong, as it is every single game, whether we are heavily rotating or not!

Come on City!!
He doesn't really like making subs tbh. You'd think we'd have made a few last night once Phil scored

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.