Chelsea (H) Post Match Thread

It’s a funny old game.

We play that well to start many games and the chances don’t go in. Today they did (bar Kun’s open net at 1-0!)

Then after a 30 minute total domination, they showed the half time stats on the yellow banner under Level 2 at the stadium and Chelsea played so well in the final 15 minutes of the first half they’d actually created more chances than us, had more shots than us and almost matched us in possession.

I genuinely thought it’d end 4-2 or 5-3 or something after seeing that. However, second half we were completely dominant! Other than Kev who isn’t match fit still, every one of our players was 10% better than their counterpart and even Kev was 5%.

They wilted second half when I thought they’d take on that good finish to the first half and try and get some confidence from the game ahead of the final in a few weeks.

It wasn’t taking four chances in the first half that impressed me so much, it was our second half dominance.

Last edited by a moderator:
“It’s ended up in the corner, but only after the keeper got a hand to it and pushed it there”.

The bitter old thing.
On the odd occasion he’s been quite complimentary towards us. But think the ‘bad penny’ has finally dropped and he’s realised, along with all the other bitters, that we’re leagues above his lot. Dare I say probably the best on the planet when we’re on it!

Said it before and after he signed - Jorginho is rubbish and can't hold a candle to Fernandinho

What was great about today was that Chelsea didn't play badly. It was a brilliant performance from City, one of the best I have seen in over 50 years. It was a privilege to be there. We are witnessing true greatness now and we have to go on and confirm that status by winning at least three trophies. Bernardo was world class today. I wouldn't swap him for any other midfield player in the world. Incredibly he has outperformed KDB and David Silva this season.
Good post. Actually think KdB was not quite on his ‘a game’ today.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.