Chelsea (H) Post Match Thread

Did Sarri just totally snub Pep? Wtf

Yeah was disappointed to see Sarri deliberately avoid the handshake after the game & don't for one buy 'he didn't see Pep' when he turned back towards the tunnel.

I like Sarri but he went down a notch in my books & I think he's taken the defeat badly & personally. Knowing how he was at Napoli he probably won't sleep for 2 weeks until he plans a way to get his revenge against us at the Cup final.

He's probably the closest thing the Italians have got to a Pep but it looks unlikely he will be given time at Chelski - but then surely he must have known that with their managerial track record before accepting the job.

It's not whether you're right or wrong, but it is a bit odd to assume a 21 year old ought to be the finished article. If he was 26, different matter.
I'm not expecting him to be so.

But I don't think he'll end up being a top 2 or 3 world-best striker at any point in his career.

Yeah was disappointed to see Sarri deliberately avoid the handshake after the game & don't for one buy 'he didn't see Pep' when he turned back towards the tunnel.

I like Sarri but he went down a notch in my books & I think he's taken the defeat badly & personally. Knowing how he was at Napoli he probably won't sleep for 2 weeks until he plans a way to get his revenge against us at the Cup final.

He's probably the closest thing the Italians have got to a Pep but it looks unlikely he will be given time at Chelski - but then surely he must have known that with their managerial track record before accepting the job.
I’ve just seen a clip of this. What an absolute wet wipe of a man!

That's a bit silly. Sorry, but it is. You (and I, and anyone else) have no idea how he'll develop. Some go on to be great, some do not.
Just so - it's a bit of a crap shoot - all we can go on is current performances.

Still, wasn't Aguero 22 or so when he joined our side? Would you start a 22-year-old Aguero ahead of a +1 year old Jesus - always - in any important match assuming both were fit?

And if you absolutely agree - why is Jesus so far off the mark if he's supposedly Aguero's successor?

Just so - it's a bit of a crap shoot - all we can go on is current performances.

Still, wasn't Aguero 22 or so when he joined our side? Would you start a 22-year-old Aguero ahead of a +1 year old Jesus - always - in any important match assuming both were fit?

23. Quite a difference, as watching 21 year old Sterling and the current 24 year old Sterling ought to make rather clear.

And Aguero has improved his strike rate dramatically over the years, which is what you'd expect. You seem to be imagining the magnificent 30 year old Aguero is the same player who arrived in 2011. He isn't. From memory, his strike rate under Mancini was a goal ever 130 minutes. It's now every 99 minutes. That is a ridiculous change and improvement.

23. Quite a difference, as watching 21 year old Sterling and the current 24 year old Sterling ought to make rather clear.

And Aguero has improved his strike rate dramatically over the years, which is what you'd expect. You seem to be imagining the magnificent 30 year old Aguero is the same player who arrived in 2011. He isn't. From memory, his strike rate under Mancini was a goal ever 130 minutes. It's now ever 99 minutes. That is a ridiculous change and improvement.
Time will tell.

And if you absolutely agree - why is Jesus so far off the mark if he's supposedly Aguero's successor?

He's not so far off the mark, that's the point.

Here's one for you mate, Jesus has a Premier league goal for every 122 minutes he's played. Henry had a Premier league goal for every 121 minutes he played.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.