Chelsea (H) Post-Match Thread

I believe the VAR Official has made a glaring error there! He has assumed that the defender can only play the attacker offside with a part of the body that can play the ball! The ATTACKER can only be deemed OFFSIDE by a part of the body that can legally play the ball, but surely ANY PART OF THE DEFENDERS BODY can play the attacker ONSIDE, NO?!

Or, is offside now only BOTH PLAYERS measured from a body part that can play the ball. If so, THATS BOLLOCKS!!!

Yep, it's the latter mate.

I think Zouma's arse is playing him on in that image anyway.

For all the world to see:

w976w3nulh041.jpg

C H E A T S
That decision is frankly wrong on many counts, the main one being he isn't even offside.

No one's writing him off but his time of being an automatic starter at City is coming to an end and, ideally, I think he should leave just before that happens. He should leave us wanting more.
He is leaving at the end of the season and I suspect will start most big games before he goes. Fully agree that Phil needs more starts in the league but don't see him as an automatic starter over Merlin just yet.

At the time I had that moment's hesitation to see if there was any doubt about the goal but there seemed none at all. I didn't really look at the pitch or the ref and lino until the goal had been ruled out so I concluded that VAR had disallowed it. My 17 year old grandson - so cynical so young - was never so confident and kept his eyes on events. He confirms, very broadly, what others on here are saying; the ref waited, apparently "happy" to give the goal but then went over to the lino, had a discussion after which the lino raised his flag and the goal was ruled out. What he can't say is whether the ref made the TV screen gesture to show VAR had made the decision, but the PL statement, almost unprecedented, claims VAR showed the onfield decision of offside was correct. The decision, wherever it was made, was demonstrably wrong and the discussions involved were clearly shady and almost certainly do not conform to procedure (where have we come across this before?). So, we cans state confidently that VAR is working as planned.

until they open up the discussion between them like every other sport everyone has to assume the the conversation when something like

"it looked like a goal from my position and linesman hasn't flagged"

"yep it looks onside we are just seeing if we can fudge it by selecting a shit frame and increasing the line width now, wait 30 secs!, YES!! you fucking beauty we've fudged it and have an image you may tell him to raise the flag and disallow the goal"

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.