Chelsea (H) Post-Match Thread

The key is to transition early. Relegate the older stars before they begin their descent. And promote the replacement before the hit their pick. At first it would seem irrational but within months ( assuming the replacement are quality) the transition will kick in. The beauty of this aggressive transition is if the young guys falter in a game, you have rested experience heads to come in and try to save the day.

I think.

Over two years ago, there were plenty on here advocating Dave be sold or binned. i had plenty of arguments telling the clueless sods to find a new hobby, he then gave us two brilliant years, and plenty of trophies, i dont recall that you were one of those nobbies, i doubt you were.
of course your theory, works if a player doesnt continue to improve in their Thirties, Fernandinho, would be one , should he have binned him a few years ago. Many promising young players hit a peak , when they stop maturing at 21.

Dave , should be in and around the squad, and playing in certain matches, coming on for the last 25 minutes in others, We do not know what injuries are hampering him at present, though i know most fans do not consider injury when judging form, Foden. will now play , more than 50% of matches, and we play more than most, plenty of games to prove himself.

Spot on. You can legally score with the shoulder. The two shoulders were absolutely in line - onside.
b9b1efcee2dd7d06f74840ba659115e5.gif

Spot on. You can legally score with the shoulder. The two shoulders were absolutely in line - onside.
I still genuinely think the defender’s arms should be used to set the defender line for offside assessment as it is a playable surface whilst defending. You don’t stick your arms all the way out when running, so the only time you would do it would be to put it in an unnatural position (*cough* TAA *cough*). Whether the ball comes to the defender or not, the outermost point of the forward most bit of the second to last defending player’s body (arms and all) should be used to set the offside line. It would help to do away with the farcical determination of “which playable surface of their body is closest to the goal”, which leads to what you and others have pointed out. It would also help to bring the assessment back in to line with the spirit of the laws, which is to give the advantage to the attacker and encourage the bloody action we all go to matches to see!

You would have got rid of vinny,dave,sergio and dinho 3 seasons ago if you had your way,you can never tell if it's a bad patch or decline,it's a nonsense you can define the moment of decline,we wouldn't be back to back champs etc without those 4
Nope. No need to lie. I wanted them all to be backups by end of last season. No one defeats age. They won't either.

You can still love them, bit Dave is not the player he was 3 years ago. That Dave would run rings around the present one.

Over two years ago, there were plenty on here advocating Dave be sold or binned. i had plenty of arguments telling the clueless sods to find a new hobby, he then gave us two brilliant years, and plenty of trophies, i dont recall that you were one of those nobbies, i doubt you were.
of course your theory, works if a player doesnt continue to improve in their Thirties, Fernandinho, would be one , should he have binned him a few years ago. Many promising young players hit a peak , when they stop maturing at 21.

Dave , should be in and around the squad, and playing in certain matches, coming on for the last 25 minutes in others, We do not know what injuries are hampering him at present, though i know most fans do not consider injury when judging form, Foden. will now play , more than 50% of matches, and we play more than most, plenty of games to prove himself.
This is what I advocate for old players. Make them backups who can come in and win the game or lift the team through tough stretches.

The shoulder is part of the arm, so although for the past 150 years it hasn't been hand ball, if those Warhammer types who do VAR decide the shoulder is now hand ball it would not surprise me.

This is what I advocate for old players. Make them backups who can come in and win the game or lift the team through tough stretches.

That's fine while they are in the squad but I think players that are living legends need to move on before they get too far from their peak. Vinnie's exit was pretty much a fairy tale ending.

Yep, it's the latter mate.

I think Zouma's arse is playing him on in that image anyway.
And if it isn’t his shoulder definitely is. Yet again, just like SheffU at Spurs the other week, VAR has drawn the line in the wrong place and wrongly ruled out a goal!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.