Chelsea (H) Post-Match Thread

Absolutely. Silva and Aguero are living legends, but their lack of intensity is holding us back at the moment. Foden showed in his very first action the kind of energy we have been missing.

Exactly, Phil’s time is now!

It feels like rebuild time. Vinnie going left us leaderless & three more huge players are getting to the end of their time with us - Silva, Fernandinho & Kun. Foden for Silva is what we hope for but that means he has to be world class as El Magoo has been for us. How to replace Aguero? I don't think Jesus is good enough unfortunately and there isn't a like for like Fern replacement anywhere currently.

Hopefully Pep wants to be around to do it.

It feels like rebuild time. Vinnie going left us leaderless & three more huge players are getting to the end of their time with us - Silva, Fernandinho & Kun. Foden for Silva is what we hope for but that means he has to be world class as El Magoo has been for us. How to replace Aguero? I don't think Jesus is good enough unfortunately and there isn't a like for like Fern replacement anywhere currently.

Hopefully Pep wants to be around to do it.

The problem right now is Foden is not being the chance to become works class. He needs a run of games now. I was so angry today, idiots around me expecting come on and score a hat trick!

That doesn’t really make any sense if Peps altered the tactics to suit the current players. Off the ball at the minute we’re terrible, if it’s a Pep decision to lay off a bit then it’s a bad one. We’re missing the high energy press.

I fully agree with you, we’re far better with the high press and I could be completely wrong here, second guessing Pep is impossible for seasoned trophy winning managers nevermind some clueless fan like myself. simply trying to offer an explanation for it as I can’t imagine it’s a case of the players just not putting the effort in as Pep would absolutely rollick them for it at least in private if not publicly and we’d see an immediate impact the following game yet we’ve seen it for weeks now leading me to believe it’s a planned thing.

In addition to what I said originally, we don’t have a very mobile midfield right now to do it effectively with an ageing silva in there and either gundogan or Rodri behind him, both of whom play in Gareth Barry’s Iron Boots.

The problem right now is Foden is not being the chance to become works class. He needs a run of games now. I was so angry today, idiots around me expecting come on and score a hat trick!

No-one was on his back near me. I thought he made an impact but I'd like to see him get much more game time.

It's sad to say but El Magoo looks finished this season.

I have the same worries as you regarding Rodri and the pace in this league
I can see how folk would think that but...new very demanding league and basically replacing one of the best in that position (in recent years) while that player is also on the pitch is pretty hard work. He himself is coming back from injury which tbh we know fuck all about other then hearsay. He’s a very neat and solid player who is defo gonna be more Fernandinho then fernando. He’s got what seems like a patchwork defence behind him which is a problem. We’re only missing Laporte yet the whole defence looks makeshift. His role this season would have been settling in and gradually replacing fern. Instead he’s the man while fern struggles behind him. His position is the most important in peps way.

Pep seems to think Rodri's and Merlin's injuries were cramp and tiredness. Tiredness ffs, not a good sign is it?. Rodri really does seem to be struggling with the pace of this league, he's only 23 as well.

There just seems to be something missing at the moment. That spark has gone and can’t pinpoint exactly what it is.

We don’t look as direct when we receive the ball in our half as we did 17/18 and 18/19. We break far too slow in my opinion.

We looked a very old team today.

Nevertheless, a win is a win.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.