Chelsea (H) | Post-Match Thread

I’m frustrated like we all will be right now but I’m personally not too downbeat about it, I think a positive can be took from this game in the sense that surely pep won’t tinker with the formation in the final now considering he’s tried it twice against this lot. As you know you’ve gotta be brave to second guess pep but I think he’ll go with a similar 11 to who played PSG Friday night, back to today’s team Tuesday and the 11 that will play the final against Everton in front of the fans as a bit of a dress rehearsal for the big one, that way he can keep the rhythm going whilst not burning anyone out.

If only... I'm not a sports psychologist but getting beat again in a similar fashion as a few weeks ago is rank stupidity. A strong side and a win and the Title -was that not good enough....
....and if we'd have played our strongest and STILL lost, then it gives them a huge boost for the final. For me, this was a free game, it was a must-win for them. If that's all they've got I'll take it.

You probably were saying the same about gundo, mahrez, silva etc etc when they had rough seasons lol

pep has let us down today, change three or four, and the out of form players can play their way back into form, change eight or nine and you get a mish mash of out of form players and players that just aren't good enough anymore, that gave us a display like this or the Chelsea semi final and Leeds game. He did the same in the Manchester derby a couple of years back.

The ONLY good thing about today, and I'll be honest, I'm scraping the optimistic barrel here, is that we will have learnt more about Chelsea for the chumps final than they will have learnt from us.

Their team today was not far off their best. Ours was some Frankenstein monster of a formation.

Even so, ffs Pep!!!!
Someone said they were missing 4 players ?

Yes but the first goal had an element of luck, most of those don't go in or are saved, and the second one was definitely luck. That and the Sterling pen we didn't get, and it's a different story. My point is if that's Chelsea's best for the CL final I'll take it.
It wasn't Chelsea's best. But it was a lot closer to their best than it was to our best

Today had absolutely zero relevance on the CL final

In fact the only thing that happened today that might impact on the final was the injury to Christensen

Also if you're into stats and odds... I'm now thinking what's the chances of them beating us 3 times out of 3. If we'd beaten them twice I would now be worrying that they're due a win

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.