Chelsea (h) pre-match thread

Chelsea (h) prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure by huge, they mean depth
I get the impression that what Fordyboy is referring to is the media's lack of recognition that we've sustained major injuries to key players. Player's that no other premier league team vying for a title challenge could cope with?

The narrative is that Manchester City has a squad of world class players therefore we have no excuses whatsoever.

The reality is every team has the same number of players. The difference is that Manchester City has got the best business model in the premier league. Just because the rags and dippers are willing to blow £90M £75M respectively on individual players isn't our problem.

The real myth in football is that Manchester City are the only club to Spend 'big' money.

It's just not true. The difference is we've had a clear vision and a long term project in place which was designed to build a substantial and sustainable team. This is the real crux of the problem for the original top four premier league clubs and they absolutely hate us for it.

Sané, Laporte, Ederson and Rodri out at one point. There is no team in the country or the world that wouldn't suffer from absences of that quality. As the man said, “We'll be back”.

This'll be the first home game I will have been able to attend since Atalanta. Really looking forward to it. With Luiz no longer there, and Lamps in charge, I can warm to Chelsea quite a lot more. Whoever wins it, somebody must stop the dippers from lifting that trophy.

I get the impression that what Fordyboy is referring to is the media's lack of recognition that we've sustained major injuries to key players. Player's that no other premier league team vying for a title challenge could cope with?

The narrative is that Manchester City has a squad of world class players therefore we have no excuses whatsoever.

The reality is every team has the same number of players. The difference is that Manchester City has got the best business model in the premier league. Just because the rags and dippers are willing to blow £90M £75M respectively on individual players isn't our problem.

The real myth in football is that Manchester City are the only club to Spend 'big' money.

It's just not true. The difference is we've had a clear vision and a long term project in place which was designed to build a substantial and sustainable team. This is the real crux of the problem for the original top four premier league clubs and they absolutely hate us for it.
Yes mate, agreed.

Sané, Laporte, Ederson and Rodri out at one point. There is no team in the country or the world that wouldn't suffer from absences of that quality. As the man said, “We'll be back”.

This'll be the first home game I will have been able to attend since Atalanta. Really looking forward to it. With Luiz no longer there, and Lamps in charge, I can warm to Chelsea quite a lot more. Whoever wins it, somebody must stop the dippers from lifting that trophy.
Hope Frank gets a great welcome.

I would switch Rodri & Fernandinho around until Laporte is back. We could really need dinhos energy in midfield, and Rodri is more suited at CB than Fernandinho imo, the best Laporte replacement atm.

Hope Frank gets a great welcome.
I am sure he will mate, always likely to make a good manager given his footballing brain and good personality, and has played under some great managers, and maureen. He has handled the opportunity of the transfer ban really well with the moulding of a team with fine young English players. They also play the game in the right way, unlike Diverpool (I hope I don’t regret saying that). I am looking forward to a top quality match on Saturday, hopefully with us winning about 5 3!

A good, balanced post. Imagine something similar from a dipper? No, me neither
As a Liverpool fan, I’d be hugely surprised if City don’t win this. Chelsea can be really good at times and to me are a very likeable team and managed by a good lad in Lampard but lack consistency imo. First goal is going to be massively important. City get it, they’ll relax and pick off Chelsea at will- Chelsea get it and the doubts and the crowd potentially getting anxious could get to City players considering the luck in the season so far. Experience and quality will prevail I think and expect City to win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.